Does anybody have any other Vindicator WvW builds? (Not Celestial please!)

Arolandis.8360

I prefer to run power but I'm just not really having any luck making it work over herald.

It would help if Death Drop was better amongst other things... You get a small-radius attack with it that is easy for others to dodge because it takes so long  (they regain endurance too during it), and it's heavily telegraphed. It gives people time to prepare for it, which is fine, but I really want to play Vindicator with a strong jump attack as the highlight.

Ideally, at least for me and for the feel of the class, I'm fine with the 180 radius of Death Drop but it would -feel- better if it increased mobility during the attack OR casted faster but allowed two dodges. But alas.

When Vindicator was announced I was hoping to live out that dragoon jumping fantasy in GW2 but I'm getting Untamed vibes galore here.

Edited by Arolandis.8360

Zerg or Roaming?

I haven’t been able to make the Zerg builds work better for me than Herald so far. It’s decent, but Herald feels better.

For Roaming I’ve been running retribution 1/2/1, invocation 1/2/1, vindicator 1/3/2, durability runes, staff/GS with energy/cleansing on both weapons and a mix of berserker/zealots gear. I use Shiro/Jalis. I tried alliance for a while but I don’t have nearly as much sustain without Jalis.

The build has been great so far. The few pieces of zealots I use really helps out with sustain but I can still deal out some good burst damage too. 
Death drop could work with this too, but vassals is just so good with the chill/protection/might and it does a decent amount of damage too. I feel like I get better sustain from vassals over saint’s shield too, which seemed strange but I guess the protection and having the opponent chilled is better than the heal/barrier in a lot of cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Zerg or Roaming?

I haven’t been able to make the Zerg builds work better for me than Herald so far. It’s decent, but Herald feels better.

For Roaming I’ve been running retribution 1/2/1, invocation 1/2/1, vindicator 1/3/2, durability runes, staff/GS with energy/cleansing on both weapons and a mix of berserker/zealots gear. I use Shiro/Jalis. I tried alliance for a while but I don’t have nearly as much sustain without Jalis.

The build has been great so far. The few pieces of zealots I use really helps out with sustain but I can still deal out some good burst damage too. 
Death drop could work with this too, but vassals is just so good with the chill/protection/might and it does a decent amount of damage too. I feel like I get better sustain from vassals over saint’s shield too, which seemed strange but I guess the protection and having the opponent chilled is better than the heal/barrier in a lot of cases. 

Oh, sorry. Roaming builds.

Any food preferences? Thank you!

There's this as support:

Vindicator does a great job as a healer, but power builds on vind are pretty bleh.  You could take hammer and run vind in a zerg and it would just be a lesser version of the herald zerg build.  If you're roaming, there's this, but it's not going to be the strongest roaming rev build by far.

https://guildjen.com/power-vindicator-roaming-build/

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:17 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

I prefer to run power but I'm just not really having any luck making it work over herald

Sooooooooo… I know you said no cele, but what if the cele build plays like power. I’m actually having pretty good success with this build. Vindi over all seems to only want to 1v1 or 1v2. Anything more than that and too much damage starts sneaking through the evade downtimes. So practice your kiting when people go solo roaming with their 10 best friends to kill you. 
It’s definitely a weird trait setup, but it just kinda works, and the most fun I’ve had with Vindi solo. However due to cele, the group support aspect is pretty solid aswell. So if you have the resources to try it without too much investment, don’t let cele scare you off. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyFlZSIsTCihSRsUSipSgsSSgDzVW0F-z1IY1o7/MyUq2rqSxXixk+nTwDqHOAWzL20A-w

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

There's this as support:

Vindicator does a great job as a healer, but power builds on vind are pretty bleh.  You could take hammer and run vind in a zerg and it would just be a lesser version of the herald zerg build.  If you're roaming, there's this, but it's not going to be the strongest roaming rev build by far.

https://guildjen.com/power-vindicator-roaming-build/

Yeah I enjoyed running it as support, just wanted to run it successfully as power, too 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Sooooooooo… I know you said no cele, but what if the cele build plays like power. I’m actually having pretty good success with this build. Vindi over all seems to only want to 1v1 or 1v2. Anything more than that and too much damage starts sneaking through the evade downtimes. So practice your kiting when people go solo roaming with their 10 best friends to kill you. 
It’s definitely a weird trait setup, but it just kinda works, and the most fun I’ve had with Vindi solo. However due to cele, the group support aspect is pretty solid aswell. So if you have the resources to try it without too much investment, don’t let cele scare you off. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyFlZSIsTCihSRsUSipSgsSSgDzVW0F-z1IY1o7/MyUq2rqSxXixk+nTwDqHOAWzL20A-w

That's a pretty interesting idea! I do have an ascended Celestial build already for it which I liked, it's just that I wanted to be able to play a full power build ala Herald or Core, but with the cool jump (but more specifically I wish death drop was better for this than the boon jump). Thanks! 🙂

29 minutes ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

but with the cool jump (but more specifically I wish death drop was better for this than the boon jump).

Yeah, unfortunately protection is too good to give up for sustain and the might you get from it (plus other sources) generally have me at about 20-25 might which is more damage than what I'd get with death's drop damage + bonus. However if you run with a group and have those boons covered.... experiment.

Edited by UncreativeGreen.2019

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 8:46 PM, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Yeah, unfortunately protection is too good to give up for sustain and the might you get from it (plus other sources) generally have me at about 20-25 might which is more damage than what I'd get with death's drop damage + bonus. However if you run with a group and have those boons covered.... experiment.

think that arche, invo, and other traits can give you power too, one trait from vindi also gives power, from the first colum, anyway i think the last trait is more of a choice

Vindicator and assassin stance 

sword sword  with energy and hydro sigil greatsword  energy sig and whatever you want

zerker gear scholar rune zerker weapons mara back Amulets and rings 

Devastation 2/2/2

Invocation 1/2/1

Vindicator 1/3/1 

This Is what i run on Vindicator thiefs are a bit of a problem for it but other than that i have been having a blast on this 😄

Edited by HII.8601

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAEJldQmMH6k1QpsHCl9RqsAqklukf0F-zRZYBREiTMkXhzRBFmQZ0ZKURFY7sExqFA-e

i use something like that for zerg, and when roaming or when i want to go more aggresive, i take shiro so i can pursue anything, thiefs are a pain and willbenders too but you can pursue and hit almost anything, if you dont like hammer you could take swords but a ranged option is allwais good and having legend swap is like having another 2 weapons to swap, moreso with archie being all dmg dmg and dmg with no upkeep, so you can camp gs in melee