EoD stats on Ascended items through Mystic Forge?

I saw a thread in general about lack of Ritualist Back items and remembered this being brought up when I was looking for Ritualist builds.  I wanted to ask in that thread, but it was locked so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knows.

Can we not use the Mystic Forge to reroll stats on Ascended gear for Dragon and Ritualist?  I was working on getting my crafters up to make the items to do the reforging when a friend suggesting trying that option since we did it for cheaper Viper's gear when I was using that for the few ascendeds I have.

(This is a more generalized question for gear as a whole, not specifically if I can for Back Items/Trinkets as I don't recall being able to change their stats.  I want to change a few pieces to Ritualist but I am unsure if I can.)

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
Adding clarification for question.
  • Confused 1

I know it works for Ritualist stats at least because I crafted a whole set of Grieving armor and two weapons and MF stat-changed them to Rit because I didn't have the recipes to craft Rit pieces directly, lol. The same method should work with Dragon stats too.

That said, MF stat changing doesn't work for trinkets, so the problem of no ascended backpieces with the new stat combos remains... 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.  I was mostly worried about the other gear since I wasn't 100% sure it would work.  I have a Viper's Chest piece that I was swapping to Rit and was planning to do the same with some other items once I was able to make cheaper Ascended items.

• Confused 1