SA changes + signets of power + signet of shadows

nopoet.2960

So you stealth every time you get a kill which could net you a small heal, condition cleanse, super speed, blind (or spider venom), and initiative.  I played around with this a little bit in PVE but I wasn't geared right for it.  Repositioning after a kill was dreamy even if I didn't have enough time to land a stealth attack.  I think it wants to be a core power dagger build with deadly art, crit strikes, and shadow arts.  Has anyone else tried this yet?

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, nopoet.2960 said:

I played around with this a little bit in PVE but I wasn't geared right for it. 

How come berserker gear is dirty cheap. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nika's_Pauldrons Nikas gear has good enough runes to test stuff- 3.60 Gold for the whole set. Berserker amulet ring are easy to come by with laurels , fractal relics and/or living world maps.

If you just want a core build to mow down non elites Double pistol would be the way to go. Something like this Core thief lawn mower build. Ignoring trinkets the cost should be around 5g(cheap Pistol). Sigils and runes included.

28 minutes ago, Albi.7250 said:

How come berserker gear is dirty cheap. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nika's_Pauldrons Nikas gear has good enough runes to test stuff- 3.60 Gold for the whole set. Berserker amulet ring are easy to come by with laurels , fractal relics and/or living world maps.

If you just want a core build to mow down non elites Double pistol would be the way to go. Something like this Core thief lawn mower build. Ignoring trinkets the cost should be around 5g(cheap Pistol). Sigils and runes included.

When I read the OP, my first thought was the deadeye P/P open world build with SA over trickery. If you stealth after every kill, that's 3 ini back per kill which might make trickery entirely redundant. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

When I read the OP, my first thought was the deadeye P/P open world build with SA over trickery. If you stealth after every kill, that's 3 ini back per kill which might make trickery entirely redundant. 

Quite possible. I just thought with the abundance of Ini, lead attacks (15% Damage) beats Executioner (20% halve the time)  and exposed weakness(0-6% in solo play).  Also a little more quickness which is always nice.

I just assumed they had no access to expansion. SA + Deadeye gonna slap no matter how you build. But it is gonna be a damage nerf as SA, besides the venom on stealth, offer no damage increase.

Edited by Albi.7250

1 hour ago, Albi.7250 said:

Quite possible. I just thought with the abundance of Ini, lead attacks (15% Damage) beats Executioner (20% halve the time)  and exposed weakness(0-6% in solo play).  Also a little more quickness which is always nice.

I just assumed they had no access to expansion. SA + Deadeye gonna slap no matter how you build. But it is gonna be a damage nerf as SA, besides the venom on stealth, offer no damage increase.

That's true, I hadn't considered no expacs. At this stage of the game it kinda feels like most that play have them tho, might be wrong about that. I was thinking something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABoqprlFw0YbMJ2IW8OuPVA-zRIYxGBmGG67Q4CB2jEoJFgiHAA-e

You lose the damage from lead attacks and fury uptime from thrill of the crime, but you gain blind spam both up close and on your target along with payback making thieves guild uptime almost permanent. It'll struggle if you can't kill an enemy with 1-2 unloads tho since it also loses quick pockets and kleptomaniac, so would need testing on that front. 

Edit: You'd have more access to sneak attacks too on this which might make up for the lower damage. So a rotation something like kill>sneak attack>mark>unload>kill>repeat might work nicely against trash mobs. 

Edity edit: So I played the above build for a while and settled on this: 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABoqprlVweYaMJmJW8OuvVA-zRIYR0wfG9IBaSBo4DSY0bpKlNA-e

Using cantrips to get stolen skills for stealth/ini feels really good on this build, you get the trash mob killing potential but you can also sustain your attack against veterans etc by dumping malice correctly. Felt pretty good to play all round. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741

8 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Oh just a matter of getting a random inspiration but not enough play time to really give it a proper test.  I'll grab some Nika's this weekend to see how it plays when I'm not wearing condition gear.

7 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABoqprlVweYaMJmJW8OuvVA-zRIYR0wfG9IBaSBo4DSY0bpKlNA-e

Using cantrips to get stolen skills for stealth/ini feels really good on this build, you get the trash mob killing potential but you can also sustain your attack against veterans etc by dumping malice correctly. Felt pretty good to play all round. 

Totally trying this out too.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:13 AM, ixon.2496 said:

I've been running it in Open World, works great everywhere apart from HoT maps. Speccing into the heals has good sustain too if you add some healing power. It's fun, just not efficient.

This has been my experience after messing around with it a little bit.  None of the builds I tried really need traited signet of shadows.  In the end, since I pulled my marauder gear out the bank, I've been reminded how beastly deadeye rifle and daredevil staff are.