druid, how do you give alac on opening rotation on pugs

tamirtov.1675

in many pugs run i really dont know when the fight is about to start. usually you wait for the ready check to over but it sometimes can take time and i need to take care of the spirits meanwhile or they die.

so in many cases i start the fight without casted spirits, which means it takes time untill i give alac, and overall my opening rotation isnt that smooth - i cast one spirit, then i telelport it to me for the alac boon, then the other one.

wanted to know what other druids are doing on pugs, do you precast spirits always?

Edited by GuildWars.1408

• tamirtov.1675 changed the title to druid, how do you give alac on opening rotation on pugs
On 7/29/2022 at 7:18 AM, GuildWars.1408 said:

in many pugs run i really dont know when the fight is about to start. usually you wait for the ready check to over but it sometimes can take time and i need to take care of the spirits meanwhile or they die.

so in many cases i start the fight without casted spirits, which means it takes time untill i give alac, and overall my opening rotation isnt that smooth - i cast one spirit, then i telelport it to me for the alac boon, then the other one.

wanted to know what other druids are doing on pugs, do you precast spirits always?

People aren't used to alac from spirits yet. You have to tell PUGs: "Remember to stack on me before we engage".

In fractals as example, the mistlocks. Each mistlock you come across is essentially a spot to prebuff 30+ seconds of alacrity. Just make sure your party knows to stack on Druids at mistlocks, same as they would stack on a Firebrand.

During your skill cycling after combat is engaged, you really want to do what you need to do to keep the spirits all on the same cool-down so you can quickly use all of your spirits at once, when the moment is right and your party is all standing near each other to benefit a big alac cast. You don't want to be recasting the spirits in staggered order at odd times. It generally leads to sloppy alac conduct and overall lower uptimes.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524