New player experience

Oh, right, just remembered something that can create problems in game.

Check what DX you are using, try to use dx9 if you have many crashes, expecially on old maps, cause dx11 is more delicate and crash more in some events.

With the new patch, they activated dx11 as default for new accounts, so check it, could easily be the reasons of all your crashed you are having.

Good. Dx11 or dx12 proxy (10% lower f2p than dx11 i think for most people since un native but miles ahead dx9), is one of the best defaults.

It's just silly how the mmorpg is so cpu locked while all the ram goes wasted. I have like 16 gb of ram and a okay cpu. GW2 literally runs at like 100% cpu, 3/16 GB ram. Yet it lags on player models unless you turn them off. It's atrocious. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Try using a direct network cable connection to your router instead. WiFi tends to be congested, especially in cities where many WiFi signals interfere with each other. This leads to dropouts and if you're playing GW2 during such a dropout you will be disconnected.

In the previous place where I lived, I was always playing with a LAN cable and I still got tons of these. I think it is pretty much safe to say that this is a server side problem where the server just closes the instance and calls it a "disconnect" if it didn't receive data or a heartbeat from any players for a certain short amount of time. Which is also why just having a second person in the instance just to keep it open for these fluctuations already helps a ton as mentioned by someone earlier.

• Sad 1

Thanks for some great advice.  I did change streaming to max, cleared the temporary folder gw2 cache, reinstalled and had better performance but still some of the same issues in the story as before.  (primarily the older stuff)

I know at least one reply remarked about 100 bucks.  They'd be surprised how expensive the game and all of its story is for a new player.  60 dollars for expansions, and around 40 bucks for living world seasons.  Also spent 700 gems for a monk outfit hehe 🙂

I was refunded the last expansion and have since decided to ignore the storylines as much as possible.  I'll just enjoy the open world as I had been.  I leveled up to 80 on one character doing events and map completion and still had fun without the story.

Thanks again folks.

If you're running out of maps and want more without doing much story, you can just start the first chapter of an expansion (like HoT beginning for example) which should get you to the first map of that expansion fairly quickly. After that you can just explore the expansion maps without having to do story (unless you start enjoying it of course), going from map to map then can be done with just exploring as far as I remember.

• Like 1