Am I fooled now? (Bottle of surprise loot issue)

Hm, I had interest in Raid Wing 6 today because of the emboldened buff. I'm working on Coalescence II: The Gift and still needed to defeat Qadim. Something I never did before.

I first joined a completed instance to look around a bit. There I found the chest that spawns after killing Qadim and looted it. It just had some minor items. (Not "Bottle of Surprise (empty)" that I need for progressing Coalescence II)

After that I got in a group and actually was able to get a succesful Raid Wing 6 clear, including Qadim. Because I already looted that chest in someone elses instance, I was unable to loot it and unable to get my Bottle of Surprise (Empty) item.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bottle_of_Surprise_(Empty)

Am I fooled up now or is there any way to loot the chest and get my item?

Edited by NorthStar.9603

I contacted GW2 support about this and they can't help me they said.

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support.

We understand you are having issues with your collection step. Unfortunately, Customer Support can not provide collection progress, or send items for collections as there is a chance doing so will break the collection for you. We ask that, when possible, you reattempt to obtain the collection item. If after attempting again and you still do not receive the Bottle of Surprise (Empty), we then ask that you submit an in-game bug report.

While I wasn't able to help in this case, I do hope you continue to reach out If there's anything else we may be able to help you with. We're always here to help our valued players, such as yourself, with whatever issues you may face.

Regards,

GM <Name>
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

• NorthStar.9603 changed the title to Am I fooled now? (Bottle of surprise loot issue)
12 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Read the wiki you linked. It answers those questions.

The short version: you have to wait until next week and can loot the item then even from a cleared instance then.

Thank you, that would be great. I'm not in a rush. I just don't look forward to having to do the mission again for this, even with Emboldened it was super hard. (for me)

I was afraid after reading Dulfy's guide that reads that you "Must be an instance where you have personally killed Qadim.". This week I have killed Qadim but can't loot the chest and next week I can loot the chest but then the instance has reset so I don't have killed Qadim anymore for that instance.

http://dulfy.net/2018/09/25/gw2-coalescence-ii-the-gift-collection-guide/

But I will look for a completed instance next week as you and the wiki indicate and loot the chest.

Edited by NorthStar.9603

3 hours ago, NorthStar.9603 said:

Thank you, that would be great. I'm not in a rush. I just don't look forward to having to do the mission again for this, even with Emboldened it was super hard. (for me)

I was afraid after reading Dulfy's guide that reads that you "Must be an instance where you have personally killed Qadim.". This week I have killed Qadim but can't loot the chest and next week I can loot the chest but then the instance has reset so I don't have killed Qadim anymore for that instance.

http://dulfy.net/2018/09/25/gw2-coalescence-ii-the-gift-collection-guide/

But I will look for a completed instance next week as you and the wiki indicate and loot the chest.

If you have issues getting a completed instance and are on EU, just msg me in game and I'll open you one. Should be fine then. I believe a guildy ran into the same issue a while back.

Best place to ask would probably be in the aerodrome on Tuesday, after most players finished their Monday raids. You could try Monday late for all those crazy people which did it on reset.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1