Support for support builds confirmed - healscourge changes?

Nimon.7840

To quote the 23rd August prerelease patchnotes:

"In the immediate future, we want to make sure more builds can be used successfully. In future updates, we'll expand this further by shoring up more support and healing build options."

So maybe they will finally make builds like heal Chrono, heal warrior, and healscourge better usable, especially for better groups.

• Like 1

Don't get your hopes up. Remember when they said, previous to June 28 patch:

With this update, we’re continuing to expand options for several professions and elite specs, creating more alacrity and quickness support builds. We’ve also looked at fury and might access across professions and have introduced or increased sources of might, and we’ve changed several traits from self-only sources of fury to now share fury with allies. This means that damage builds will help maintain uptime on these boons and reduce the burden on support roles.

Did you see anything for necro?

18 hours ago, Kaladel.1670 said:

I agree for the quickness part, but what about the might and fury share? Nothing. When almost every other profession got some.

Quickness harbinger also does fury. If you take elixir of risk, anguish and BiP you will have Perma fury, perma quickness and an average of 12 stacks of might 

If you cripple the build further and play with 100% might duration, you will reach an average of 22 might (DPS drops to ~24k)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Quickness harbinger also does fury. If you take elixir of risk, anguish and BiP you will have Perma fury, perma quickness and an average of 12 stacks of might 

If you cripple the build further and play with 100% might duration, you will reach an average of 22 might (DPS drops to ~24k)

Yes, harbinger does stuff. Great. We have a core profession and two other spec too. Like, no one else has all the boonshare centered on one Espec and nothing on the rest.

Edit: I wonder why we botter quoting each other when we are the only ones exchanging in this topic 😅

Edited by Kaladel.1670

i'm looking forward to it.

imo in this game, offensive boons (quickness, might, alac, fury and so on) got heavily overrated while defensive boons (prot, regen, vigor, stability and aegis) get underrated. (okay stab / aegis are valued highly as well).

what i mean by this is not, that the offensive boons are not important, they are very impactful and important.

but when it comes to players asking Anet to "gib buff plx" they always ask for quickness / alac.

which is boring.

i'd rather enjoy it and honestly think it would be more usefull aswell when our shroud abilites (for scourge) do defensive boons.

like regen on f2

vigor on f3

stab on f4 (no fear then)

prot on f5

if you chose that talent, all the damage from shroudskills is reduced by 50% or whatnot so you have a tradeoff but ... i hope you get the picture.

i'm afraid they will just do numbertuning in the end but i really hope they adress the support playstyle beyond "how much DPS can you do while still giving quickness / alac" because that's friggin boring.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 4

On 8/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, Nimon.7840 said:

To quote the 23rd August prerelease patchnotes:

"In the immediate future, we want to make sure more builds can be used successfully. In future updates, we'll expand this further by shoring up more support and healing build options."

??? by axing entire builds (power harbinger, condi scourge) or e-specs (reaper)...???????

What makes them think I want to play necro to heal people? They can shove all warhorns they can find up their kitten

• Confused 1