[sPvP] Willbender Build (testing)

Saiyan.1704

I theory crafted this build last night and wanted to share it for feedback... so far it has held it's own in 1v1's and has done excellent in +1ing. In fact it feels better than the Zerk glass cannon virtue/radiance build...but I'll let yall decide >_<.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEx3lhyUZfMM2IW+PbRPA-z5gfIlKE6VFkxEQGDA

The main premise of the build is its high Protection upkeep in Valor + Altruistic Healing, which complements its already incredibly high toughness with Demolisher amulet. It's ridiculous how little damage a power Untamed will do to you.

Vanguard Tactics adds additional protection and resolution on every shadowstep. Phoenix Protocol is a must for this build, compared to the measly 10% extra damage of Tyrants Momentum. Phoenix adds 2 extra boons on F2 proc for Altuistic Healing to do it's thing and Alacrity which helps with rolling out new rotations.

The rotations on this build is a little different... try casting Focus#4 then engage with F3 + WW or Whirling Light. Try landing an F1 then immediately use F2 (this is when you use either a WW or WL, which ever one is up). It is important to attempt to land as many hits for F2 activations for that Alacrity to proc. When F1-F3 comes up, rinse and repeat. I generally save SYG and/or Focus#5 for F2 depending on how hot the blob is.

A different Amulet variant would be Paladin's but as long as you can kite with GS and learn how not to die, I feel Demo amulet is much better... oh, stay away from condi anything rofl...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like a fun build. The double synergy of offense/defense by way of resolution AND aegis is especially appealing. I generally don't enjoy the glass cannon playstyle, preferring more balance.

I used to run sword/sword and GS but lately Ive just been using S/S (sometimes I perform better with fewer options). I hate to give up sword 4 and 5 so I might also try this build with S/S in place of GS just for fun.

Thanks for posting, and for giving some textplanation to boot, it makes all the difference!

Edited by MATIC.9542
  • Like 2