Call to mentoring

Hey everyone!

With GW2 releasing on Steam today, we'll probably have an even larger influx of players. Let's help them feel welcome!

This is a call to every experienced player to consider mentoring. I've been doing it for a while now and I already get a lot of new friends and returning friends asking me questions. Mentoring is very helpful, you may be the very first player face they encounter in Tyria. Make it easier for them to get into the game and, even more important, make them feel welcom.

If you want to help, I took some time writing up a guide to help you get started: https://rentry.co/gw2mentor

Think something belongs in there that isn't? Leave me a comment and I'll consider integrating it. Thank you for your time ❤️

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I figured people did mentoring.

I've considered creating a guild just for this. Basically a hub for all mentors/commanders to congregate and discuss how to mentor/lead effectively. This can apply to instanced content, open world, or pvp/wvw. 

Feel free to reach out to me in game if you know anything like this. I would definitely want to be involved.

On 8/24/2022 at 7:56 PM, tswehr.2143 said:

I figured people did mentoring.

I've considered creating a guild just for this. Basically a hub for all mentors/commanders to congregate and discuss how to mentor/lead effectively. This can apply to instanced content, open world, or pvp/wvw. 

Feel free to reach out to me in game if you know anything like this. I would definitely want to be involved.

Sorry for the slightly belated answer. Glad you're considering helping 🙂

I'm in such a guild but, unfortunately, I don't have the permission to invite. If you want to, I could forward your nick to the boss.

Either way, thank you ❤️

My mentoring in GW2 is mostly focused on intro to fractals, have run countless training runs where I give newbies a good non-toxic experience into T1, so they know mechanics and what's going on and don't get scarred for life and never attempt fractals again 🙂

Feels good to help them get mastery points and achievements too 😊

All mentoring for new players is love, so happy in general to see how many players are helping each other, GW2 is truly the best community I've ever seen in any MMO ❤️

On 8/27/2022 at 12:17 AM, vinterberg.2783 said:

My mentoring in GW2 is mostly focused on intro to fractals, have run countless training runs where I give newbies a good non-toxic experience into T1, so they know mechanics and what's going on and don't get scarred for life and never attempt fractals again 🙂

Feels good to help them get mastery points and achievements too 😊

All mentoring for new players is love, so happy in general to see how many players are helping each other, GW2 is truly the best community I've ever seen in any MMO ❤️

That's awesome ❤️ Individual mechanics need their mentors too, so keep going.