Launcher download is terrible

I've searched everywhere and did everything that was suggested to boost up my internet speed. Normally when I download games on other platforms, it'll only take a few minutes for games that are like 100GB+. It pains me to relive the moment of 2 MB/s for a single game, is there anyway to boost it besides anything you can find online? It's either that or I have to wait overnight for this thing, which is not a problem but it's pretty pathetic in 2022. 

Edit: I just realized it'll take over 24 hours or more for this game to download at this current speed. Man I'm pretty desperate for a workaround right now

Thanks for any replies.

Edited by TastyLensko.4953
  • Confused 1

Due to the way GW2 downloads, it will fluctuate and can drop to low lows when it has to downloads hundreds of smaller files. If it's a constant low speed, it's likely a bad server or Amazon (CloudFront) happens to be overloaded in your area.

To change patch servers, search the start menu for cmd, right click it and run it as an administrator.

Enter the following command to get an IP (right click the cmd window to paste):
nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Enter the following command to open the hosts file in notepad:
notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In notepad, add the following line, substituting 52.71.126.93 for one of the IPs you found, then save it and start GW2:
52.71.126.93 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

If it's still bad, keep trying with one of the other IPs. If they're all bad, you can alternatively try the primary US patch server, which is the IP above.

When you're finished, remove the line from the hosts file, otherwise you'll find the launcher failing to connect one day as the IPs regularly change.

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Like 1