In your opinion, what new elites will be (almost) useless in PVE?

Pirindolo.9427

The Mirage... maybe it will be a better dps than the two current builds, but these are still niche and limited due to how illusions work and the Mirage will probably inherit the same limitations.

As for some other popular mentions here in this thread.

Deadeye seems okay with Dagger/Dagger, so I wouldn't say it's dead from the start, dunno if rifle will hold up well.

Spellbreaker looks like it can still fill the PS role pretty well since the last attack of the Dagger auto-chain gives 2 might on crit and they have some bonus damage against boonless foes and might generating traits. What's left to see is how well it performs compared to the overpowered Condi PS, yet I can still see the Spellbreaker being good enough that it will be meta or at least useful in some encounters even if not performing at the same levels (Like boonstripping in some fractals so the Chrono can bring more Alacrity.)

To those saying that Deadeye won't be good outside PVP: Deadeye will give to Thieves what they didn't have since release: a long range option. This will make Deadeye ideal for those open world events that punish melee/close-range players too much. Someone was toying around making Deadeye a might stacker so that might also be an option.

We don't have enough information to know which elites will be useless, keep in mind they will make adjustments at release so many things might change.Pre-HoT release Ele players were complaining that Overloads were a terrible design ideaPre-HoT release Chronomancer was thought to be weak, yet in the end they are a very strong build

@SaraGreen.2345 said:Renegade damage was too low for endgame raiding unless its buffed. Its animations look good though it at least is playable.Spellbreaker pvp class all the way feel bad for warriors in pve.Soulbeast who wants to play a melee ranger.I'm a ranger but I have no ranged skills like seriously.I thought daggers would throw daggers or projectiles from distance I hope you rangers like druid spec for a few more years unless something changes.

I don't think you understand what "ranger" means. It doesn't mean "ranged" it means someone that wanders (ranges) around in an area, like a forest ranger, park ranger, etc.

So far it looks like:

• Spellbreakers won't exist outside PVP & WvW.
  • Soulbeasts will be popular only among new players, and for relaxed PVE, like map completion or WB runs.
  • Deadeyes will have a hard time for serious, high end PVE, unless they forget about the rifle.
  • Scourges will be mediocre in PVE because of the boon corruption mechanic, while they stay as dominating monsters in WvW and maybe PvP, until they are nerfed, making them unplayable for PVE.
  • Weavers will be only for pro players looking always to make things the hardest available way, the more difficult, the better.
  • Firebrands, Holosmiths will be PVE kings.
  • And Mirages?

Archived