There's no way to blend outfits with wardrobes, correct?

... and, additionally, there's no way to keep an outfit updated without constantly defaulting to using more transmutation charges, right?

I'm not complaining - I just want to make sure there's nothing I've missed. I would really, really like to go for a full-on helmeted templar look for my Guardian/eventual Firebrand, but it looks like the appearances I want are locked behind item skins as opposed to outfits, and that seems to be something that can get sort of pricey to maintain.

Thanks.

*Edit* Also, this promo-art look - specifically the no-frills bucket helmet - isn't available, I take it?

Edited by Shrike Arghast.3856

Outfits are full armor costumes that overwrite your gear appearance and you can change them freely once you've unlocked a certain outfit. Changing the look of your normal gear does indeed take transmute charges except for legendaries and some special reward items. There's no way to mix these so you either use the gear apperance or an outfit. It can be pricey to maintain the look when leveling, I usually use outfits for this.

You can try to find the pieces for that look by going thru the (heavy) armor wardrobe storage tab in bank or crafting station. The skins you do not have are greyed out but you can still preview them and check the wiki how to obtain a skin you want.

2 hours ago, Shrike Arghast.3856 said:

... and, additionally, there's no way to keep an outfit updated without constantly defaulting to using more transmutation charges, right?

I'm not complaining - I just want to make sure there's nothing I've missed. I would really, really like to go for a full-on helmeted templar look for my Guardian/eventual Firebrand, but it looks like the appearances I want are locked behind item skins as opposed to outfits, and that seems to be something that can get sort of pricey to maintain.

Thanks.

*Edit* Also, this promo-art look - specifically the no-frills bucket helmet - isn't available, I take it?

you can get that in game

players usually reserve transmute charges for when they hit lvl 80 (and won't be changing gear in the near future), unless they have some means of obtaining the charges as a byproduct of their normal activities (WvW, blc etc)

you shouldn't use the term "Outfit" because, as Jukhy explained, there is a specific category of items called "Outfit"s, that can be toggled on-off, and are free-to-swap as often as you like, and override your basic look. most outfits are cashshop items though.

if you participate in the current twitch promotion (leave it running* for 10hrs), you will also get 10 charges(?) and the final reward is a choice from 19 outfits, some of which might appeal to you as your lvling look. until you reach 80, and reach the gw2 endgame of designing your lvl 80 look.

one other option you can consider is, transmute some decent helmet that you like, and dun change your helmet till you are 80. iirc the heavy armors that you get along the way fit the them so you might be okay with using them as is. you can use the dyes to possibly make it more palatable. you get to 80 relatively quickly after all

remember to unlock all skins into your wardrobe though, for future use and for collection achievements, even the ugly ones. 

• Like 1