Best build for PvE content

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I have being looking into what the best spec for PvE stuff (Dungeon, rides but mostly open world stuff) I have decide on soulbest as the spec but didn't know what would be better, power or Condi. So I deiced to see if I can make a hybrid build that dose DPS in both ways. I would like to hear what you think of the build I made and tell me what you think is the best build for PvE soulbeast.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAEhjlZwAZSsPmJW6XqP/Sm2ZA-zRJUsR9fhgGHRVVcq65AA-e

Hybrid is typically worse than flat power or condi with the main reason being you'll be splitting your DPS type. Not so important for dungeons, VERY important for raids and Fractals. You'll do less damage on power fights with quick phases and do less damage on condi fights with long phases where burst doesn't help as much. 

Learning both would be better, as you'd have access to full power and full condi for the fights that need it and could just play whatever you are better with for fights that don't require the split. It'll also get you into more groups as having only one DPS type makes you more of a liability if you need to switch types mid fractal or raid wing.

If you are dead set on playing hybrid for whatever reason, move your beastmastery traits to bottom-bottom-bottom and your grandmaster (third) soulbeast trait to middle, and that's the current best DPS hybrid setup. Use axe/torch and dagger/axe as outlined here: https://snowcrows.com/builds/ranger/soulbeast/hybrid-soulbeast

11 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Hybrid is typically worse than flat power or condi with the main reason being you'll be splitting your DPS type. Not so important for dungeons, VERY important for raids and Fractals. You'll do less damage on power fights with quick phases and do less damage on condi fights with long phases where burst doesn't help as much. 

Learning both would be better, as you'd have access to full power and full condi for the fights that need it and could just play whatever you are better with for fights that don't require the split. It'll also get you into more groups as having only one DPS type makes you more of a liability if you need to switch types mid fractal or raid wing.

If you are dead set on playing hybrid for whatever reason, move your beastmastery traits to bottom-bottom-bottom and your grandmaster (third) soulbeast trait to middle, and that's the current best DPS hybrid setup. Use axe/torch and dagger/axe as outlined here: https://snowcrows.com/builds/ranger/soulbeast/hybrid-soulbeast

It actually the complete opposite Hybrid builds for Soulbeast in particular are the best damage Ranger can achieve. This is due to how a lot of the traits and weapons have condition based attacks.

I mean main hand Axe is a crazy good weapon for hybrid with good power coefficients and tones of bleed on Axe 2. Soulbeast furthers with Dagger being another great hybrid weapon with its Dagger 2. Not to mention dagger auto attack has amazing DPS and when pared with Predator's Cunning can heal your for a lot.

The only reason to go Power is if you wanted to use Greatsword or Longbow and the only reason to go Condition is if you wanted to use shortbow or are something like an Untamed or Druid (even then hybrids can work). In reality Hybrid only mean you take Condition and Power based utilities as well as traits. For example most Power builds still take Sharpened Edges and Hidden Barbs.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Cheshire Rabbid.7430 said:

I have being looking into what the best spec for PvE stuff (Dungeon, rides but mostly open world stuff) I have decide on soulbest as the spec but didn't know what would be better, power or Condi. So I deiced to see if I can make a hybrid build that dose DPS in both ways. I would like to hear what you think of the build I made and tell me what you think is the best build for PvE soulbeast.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAEhjlZwAZSsPmJW6XqP/Sm2ZA-zRJUsR9fhgGHRVVcq65AA-e

Your weapon skill make up the majority of how you play so if you want to use Greatsword don't run any condition gear. 

Another glaring issue is you need Expertise (Condition Duration) so Vipers gear is what you need not Grieving.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It actually the complete opposite Hybrid builds for Soulbeast in particular are the best damage Ranger can achieve. This is due to how a lot of the traits and weapons have condition based attacks.

I mean main hand Axe is a crazy good weapon for hybrid with good power coefficients and tones of bleed on Axe 2. Soulbeast furthers with Dagger being another great hybrid weapon with its Dagger 2. Not to mention dagger auto attack has amazing DPS and when pared with Predator's Cunning can heal your for a lot.

The only reason to go Power is if you wanted to use Greatsword or Longbow and the only reason to go Condition is if you wanted to use shortbow or are something like an Untamed or Druid (even then hybrids can work). In reality Hybrid only mean you take Condition and Power based utilities as well as traits. For example most Power builds still take Sharpened Edges and Hidden Barbs.

Damage alone doesn't justify it. You're splitting your damage type. That alone hurts hybrid in the long run- you'll do less damage to a boss with high toughness on the power side (hurting your damage) and do less damage to a fast phasing boss on the condi side.

5 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Damage alone doesn't justify it. You're splitting your damage type. That alone hurts hybrid in the long run- you'll do less damage to a boss with high toughness on the power side (hurting your damage) and do less damage to a fast phasing boss on the condi side.

Kind of, the condition and hybrid builds a farely similar for Soulbeast so unless you find is hard to work in "sic em" into your rotation it will almost be same Bleed stacks. It will also give you more options to address different encounters. 

In reality it's just a harder build which requires you to manage when to use each aspect. There is no question its more dps over all though. 

Edited by Mell.4873

9 hours ago, EvilZombie.6801 said:

I find base ranger with warhorn support is superior 

Beast mastery, nature magic and skirmish 

Contant fury, might, regen, swift buff

Superior to what

Druid? Absolutely not, you can't keep up 25 might at all, you don't have as much hard CC, you struggle to do mechanics druid can do, and your healing output is near nonexistent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1