Spectral Wall number of targets?

RandomNPC.8714

Can someone confirm the maximum number of enemies that can be affected by Spectral Wall? The tooltip says 10, and I assume it's not referring to the allies that would get the Protect buff.

I've been testing this with the help of pocket raptors at Auric bassin (arent' they cute!), and it really seems to me only five get hit by fear.

Edited by RandomNPC.8714
added link

For testing I've used groups of ~15 pockets raptors in HoT, there's a good spot in Auric Bassin (NW). They all charge together. Chat log is hard to read, you can also take a screenshot if you're fast enough. To me, it really seems like only five get afflicted by fear (and once that number is reached the wall prematurely vanish anyway).

I've looked it up, according to the wiki Number of Targets tooltip refers to the enemies only. Similar "wall" type skills like Static Field and Unsteady Ground also indicate 10 targets. There are no number of targets tooltip for Temporal Curtain, maybe this one is still uncapped?

Edited by RandomNPC.8714

20 hours ago, RandomNPC.8714 said:

For testing I've used groups of ~15 pockets raptors in HoT, there's a good spot in Auric Bassin (NW). They all charge together. Chat log is hard to read, you can also take a screenshot if you're fast enough. To me, it really seems like only five get afflicted by fear (and once that number is reached the wall prematurely vanish anyway).

I've looked it up, according to the wiki Number of Targets tooltip refers to the enemies only. Similar "wall" type skills like Static Field and Unsteady Ground also indicate 10 targets. There are no number of targets tooltip for Temporal Curtain, maybe this one is still uncapped?

wiki is outdated most likely. Many of all these skills have been nerfed to effect only 5 targets…down from 10 for a few years, down from unlimited years before that.

• Confused 1

The wiki matches the in-game tooltips though... so if it's different from what the skill actually does, I count this as a bug.

I've tested the elementalist' staff skills I was mentioning earlier, and they do impact more than 5 enemies.

But yeah, design-wise obviously those skills should have remained uncapped. Defensive options that are supposed to delay an army. As for Spectral Wall, I think we all remember the glorious days of Choxie.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RandomNPC.8714 said:

The wiki matches the in-game tooltips though... so if it's different from what the skill actually does, I count this as a bug.

I've tested the elementalist' staff skills I was mentioning earlier, and they do impact more than 5 enemies.

But yeah, design-wise obviously those skills should have remained uncapped. Defensive options that are supposed to delay an army. As for Spectral Wall, I think we all remember the glorious days of Choxie.

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Choxie is the reason it got nerfed to have a target cap in the first place.

I miss that possibility...