LWS1 EP 5 Predictions

OtakuModeEngage.8679

11 hours ago, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

So the Strike is going to be at Lions Court, which means its not the Prime Hologram fight, because that took place atop the Breechmaker in the bay. It must be the Strike Knights then.

Okay then, how do you think the episode could go?

I think it's also important that the full Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)|Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled) map should be a public instance for some achivements like the Memories in Your Hand achivement where you find lost personal items in rubbles over the whole Lion's Arch map and for some story elements like the Marjory and Kasmeer dialogue at Lion's Shadow Inn.🤔

Just saying.

Edited by TGMChrist.2678

16 minutes ago, TGMChrist.2678 said:

Okay then, how do you think the episode could go?

I think it's also important that the full Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)|Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled) map should be a public instance for some achivements like the Memories in Your Hand achivement where you find lost personal items in rubbles over the whole Lion's Arch map and for some story elements like the Marjory and Kasmeer dialogue at Lion's Shadow Inn.🤔

Just saying.

Given Tower of Nightmares, they'll definitely make all the achievements in both Escape from Lion's Arch and Battle for Lion's Arch categories obtainable. They might alter the requirements - like the requirement to do TA-related events in ToN version of Kessex being altered to just any Kessex event, or the offshoot achievement originally requiring to destroy one offshoot per map (Queensdale, Brisban, Kessex, Caledon, and Gendarran Fields) altered to just taking out a set number of them (this one in particular is a shame cuz they could have brought back the two events in Caledon and Queensdale instead).

The dialogue is a lot more questionable on if/how they'll return. If we look at the open world dialogue of Tower of Nightmares, a fair bit of it wasn't brought back, and some of it was shifted around. Of course, Thunder Ridge Camp is a complete mess with how NPCs function based on story progress, so hopefully they'll manage EfLA/BfLA stuff better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Given Tower of Nightmares, they'll definitely make all the achievements in both Escape from Lion's Arch and Battle for Lion's Arch categories obtainable. They might alter the requirements - like the requirement to do TA-related events in ToN version of Kessex being altered to just any Kessex event, or the offshoot achievement originally requiring to destroy one offshoot per map (Queensdale, Brisban, Kessex, Caledon, and Gendarran Fields) altered to just taking out a set number of them (this one in particular is a shame cuz they could have brought back the two events in Caledon and Queensdale instead).

The offshoots are also still available is Brisbane Wildlands and Gendarran Field's and both still count towards the achievement of destroying Offshoots.  Honestly I think it is a good idea they didn't add Queendales and Caledon Forest to the table for three reasons.

1. Late game story events shouldn't be in starter player maps, its confusing as hell for new players who are trying to follow the storyline linearly. This is a mistake they made in the initial ToN release, and Im glad they remedied it here.

2. having these story events spread across all these different maps breaks up the amount of players doing them. It not too big of an issue during the release frame, as everyone is doing them together. But after the next release comes out participation in the previous significantly drops, and if players are spread, this may lead to low populations causing events to fail. Conversely, if you can gather everyone who is currently doing ToN achievement together in one map, that increases the success rate of events. 

3. Now that we have the megaserver, our world map no longer informs us of events in other maps, because maps are not tied together as a server. This makes it harder to search for events in other maps without visiting those maps, which in turn can make you miss the event at the map you were just previously in. IE you can miss events because you were bouncing around maps searching for them. Having specific content regulated to a specific map helps to alleviate that.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679

8 hours ago, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

The offshoots are also still available is Brisbane Wildlands and Gendarran Field's and both still count towards the achievement of destroying Offshoots.  Honestly I think it is a good idea they didn't add Queendales and Caledon Forest to the table for three reasons.

1. Late game story events shouldn't be in starter player maps, its confusing as hell for new players who are trying to follow the storyline linearly. This is a mistake they made in the initial ToN release, and Im glad they remedied it here.

2. having these story events spread across all these different maps breaks up the amount of players doing them. It not too big of an issue during the release frame, as everyone is doing them together. But after the next release comes out participation in the previous significantly drops, and if players are spread, this may lead to low populations causing events to fail. Conversely, if you can gather everyone who is currently doing ToN achievement together in one map, that increases the success rate of events. 

3. Now that we have the megaserver, our world map no longer informs us of events in other maps, because maps are not tied together as a server. This makes it harder to search for events in other maps without visiting those maps, which in turn can make you miss the event at the map you were just previously in. IE you can miss events because you were bouncing around maps searching for them. Having specific content regulated to a specific map helps to alleviate that.

The Brisban and Gendarran events were always there.

As to your points...

1. They already do this a lot though, with the bandit bounties and the Joko invasions. Not to mention, no matter their placement they'll be in starter player maps technically, since lvl 15-25 is still very starter (especially with the character adventure guide achievements now)

2. Eh, there was never an issue with players doing them for the past 9 years. So I disagree with this wholeheartedly. And they're not story events - yes, there is a single story step where you can complete these for progress, but it's not like they're required, and the ones outside of Kessex wouldn't contribute to the story step either.

3. This has... absolutely no bearing on the offshoot events? It's not like they're on a timer or related to each other in any form. They're just individual events that have their own individual cooldown, as they have for the past 9 years. The only purpose for players to hunt them down would be for the achievement, and they'd only need the one event per map under the old achievement's requirement, so they can just camp the one spot of the one event for <15 minutes and then move on to the next map and then not bother with it again except at your desired leisure or happenstance of coming upon it later (as people had done for the past 9 years). Zero bouncing around, zero missing.

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The Brisban and Gendarran events were always there.

Hense why i said they are "still available" >.> 

As to your points...

1. They already do this a lot though, with the bandit bounties and the Joko invasions. Not to mention, no matter their placement they'll be in starter player maps technically, since lvl 15-25 is still very starter (especially with the character adventure guide achievements now)

I realize they already do this, I appreciate that they are holding back this time. While 15-25 are still early maps, they are in fact NOT starter maps, as in they are not the maps a new player starts in. To a degree ANet cant help but lay end game content in lower level maps to accomplish their goal of current story events impacting the world as a whole, but at the very least they can preserve the starter maps, which is what they've done here.

2. Eh, there was never an issue with players doing them for the past 9 years. So I disagree with this wholeheartedly. And they're not story events - yes, there is a single story step where you can complete these for progress, but it's not like they're required, and the ones outside of Kessex wouldn't contribute to the story step either.

They are story events in the sense that they occur at a certain point within your character's story journey. Which is to say while these events are available the moment you enter the map, regardless of your story step, canonically they don't occur until after a certain point in the story is reached. IE: Scarlet's Portal events canonically don't occur until the Clockwork Chaos story chapter, and the Toxic Shoot events canonically don't occur until the Tower of Nightmares story chapter.

Anyways you completely missed my point. The point was while anyone can randomly run past and join in these events, but they are more likely to actively search out and participate in them while doing the story step or the story achievements that require them. And that people most actively do the story step and related achievements during the release.

Maybe you've never gone to an old story event that was dead(because people have moved on to other content) but I have. The point was having related story events concentrated in a single map will most likely gather the people who are actively doing them. This is what they do in their living world maps.

3. This has... absolutely no bearing on the offshoot events? It's not like they're on a timer or related to each other in any form. They're just individual events that have their own individual cooldown, as they have for the past 9 years. The only purpose for players to hunt them down would be for the achievement, and they'd only need the one event per map under the old achievement's requirement, so they can just camp the one spot of the one event for <15 minutes and then move on to the next map and then not bother with it again except at your desired leisure or happenstance of coming upon it later (as people had done for the past 9 years). Zero bouncing around, zero missing.

Ummm, what? While you are looking/waiting in one map for them to pop, they may be active in another. Hence you missed them because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then maybe you leave that map to look for them in another map, and that's when the pop in the one you just left. Hence you missed them again. IE bouncing around.

Yes, people have done them for the last 9 years, but its either a frustrating game of wait in one map to do three events every half hour or so. Or jump around three maps in a game of hide and seek.

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, TGMChrist.2678 said:

Do you think the Battle for Lion's Arch patch will also provide a way to revisit the OG Lion's Arch map before destruction at any time (Except the strike mission of course) or is that just wishful thinking? 🤔

We will definitely visit it as it's in the process of being destroyed in the Battle for Lion's Arch.  But as for seeing it before it's destroyed, I don't know, but I think probably not. I imagine the moment we walk in the cut scene will play showing Scarlet's airships flying in and bombing the place to hell. Then we fight through the half destroyed city. 

It is worth nothing however, that old LA is still available in the personal story episodes and LWS1 episodes that took place in it, although you don't have free range to roam the whole city, and are restricted to the story zone.

It's possible they might add a story instance in LA before the Battle for LA, but I think it will be restricted to only the relevant story area as previous story maps were. As for a full scale pre battle map of LA that you can wonder through at your leisure, I don't see that happening. 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:43 AM, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

We will definitely visit it as it's in the process of being destroyed in the Battle for Lion's Arch.  But as for seeing it before it's destroyed, I don't know, but I think probably not. I imagine the moment we walk in the cut scene will play showing Scarlet's airships flying in and bombing the place to hell. Then we fight through the half destroyed city. 

It is worth nothing however, that old LA is still available in the personal story episodes and LWS1 episodes that took place in it, although you don't have free range to roam the whole city, and are restricted to the story zone.

It's possible they might add a story instance in LA before the Battle for LA, but I think it will be restricted to only the relevant story area as previous story maps were. As for a full scale pre battle map of LA that you can wonder through at your leisure, I don't see that happening. 

Ha! I was right. You can visit Old Lion's Arch again. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-season-1-return-battle-for-lions-arch-is-now-live/

Edited by TGMChrist.2678
  • Like 1