Question about DPS + Alac build

Thornbury.4179

I've got a Power DPS build and a HAM build that I'm happy with.

I'd like to make a DPS/Alac build but can't find a consensus on how best to do it. My questions are:

1. Weapon

I believe the choice is between Mace/Shield, Mace/Pistol and Rifle. I also believe there's not a huge difference between the three, and that personal preference/playstyle is probably the key element of the decision. Is that correct?

2. Armour

I have seen a few variations on this. 

- Rune of Strength with ~50% base boon duration vs Rune of the Scholar 

- Varying use of Diviner's to increase boon duration

- Sigil of Force is constant, paired typically either with Air (crit bonus) or Concentration (boon duration)

Are there any key caps I need to aim for? Particularly things like boon duration vs Crit chance/Crit damage? (I haven't got the bonus infusions)

3. Traits

I'm happy with the traits (Expl  323, Fir 332, Mech 222) so if I'm missing something there, let me know!

Any help appreciated 😁

Armour : I use a mixture of Berserker's and Diviner's and run at 56.6% boon duration.

Weapon : I usually run rifle and use F2,F3 and barrier signer to upkeep alac. If i switch to Mace/Shield i drop barrier signet as you get the extra alac uptime from the mace auto attack chain so the singet is not needed and you can take a dps utility instead (grenade kit etc..) If using Mace/Shield i also take more Berserker's and less Diviner's and drop my boon duration down to around 45%. (My rifle is Diviners and the mace and shield Berserker's so just weapon swaping sorts out the boon duration).

Traits : I take AAR in Explosives instead of Explosive Temper but apart from that they are the same as yours.

Runes : Scholar, as you dont need the extra might uptime from strength runes usually.

Sigils : I take Air and Force.

(Edit : Just double chekced - my boots are Assassins :D)

Edited by Crit.5123

4 hours ago, Thornbury.4179 said:

I've got a Power DPS build and a HAM build that I'm happy with.

I'd like to make a DPS/Alac build but can't find a consensus on how best to do it. My questions are:

1. Weapon

I believe the choice is between Mace/Shield, Mace/Pistol and Rifle. I also believe there's not a huge difference between the three, and that personal preference/playstyle is probably the key element of the decision. Is that correct?

2. Armour

I have seen a few variations on this. 

- Rune of Strength with ~50% base boon duration vs Rune of the Scholar 

- Varying use of Diviner's to increase boon duration

- Sigil of Force is constant, paired typically either with Air (crit bonus) or Concentration (boon duration)

Are there any key caps I need to aim for? Particularly things like boon duration vs Crit chance/Crit damage? (I haven't got the bonus infusions)

3. Traits

I'm happy with the traits (Expl  323, Fir 332, Mech 222) so if I'm missing something there, let me know!

Any help appreciated 😁

Rifle: Highest DPS, Good CC, Fastest/Best might generation

Take 55% boon duration, 45% crit chance, and Scholar runes.

Expl: 313, Fir: 332, Mech: 222

Mace/Pistol: ~1k DPS less, Less CC, Slower might generation, provides some barrier

Can drop to 40% boon duration with Strength runes to keep Might up, 45% crit chance as well

Not sure if ET or AAR is better here anymore, with Grenades it's usually pretty close with AAR even with melee weapons (look at Holo/Scrapper).

Mace/Shield: ~2k DPS less, More CC, Slower Might Generation, provides some barrier

Same as Mace/Pistol

Just a general idea of things, Rifle is the go to, mace for hybrid heal builds or other niche uses.