Singleplayer game based on GW2

lockf.9748

It's been a long time since I've been here, so I'm gonna clarify a few things:

1. The TP store would not work with microtransactions, has I stated before, it would be GW2 but offline (and to make it even more clear, no shenanigans with mt), each update they make it would also be done to the offline version and update skins, other materials and prices ... (ingame currency only, no microtransactions for anything).
  2. With  the expansions player focus on the new maps and the base game maps (and others from older expansions) where some achievements require the completion of group events (the most interessants/important) there are very few people, because the problem with the expansions is that it takes the focus from the base maps, which are great.
  3. I'm not contradicting myself, because has was said,

You say you're not overly competitive, but enjoy competitive gameplay from tiime to time. What do you need legendary gear for, then?

With Legendary gear i don't have to craft anything, I just have to change the stats, while changing the stats in ascend gear requires me to spend materials that I might not have enough at hand to use and also because wanting to craft Legendary keeps playing the game longer since the skins look great.

4. The game would essencially be a copy/paste of the original but the values of hp of thenpc and mobs would be change has well has certain requirements and mechanics.

5. Some ideas suggested could be great to be implemnted or if created a new game based on those ideas to have what i mentioned implemented.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I actually would like a single-player Guild Wars game, but not if it's just a version of GW2.

The idea I had a while ago is a game set during the last time the Elder Dragons awakened, where you play as one of the 5 races opposing them - the dwarves, mursaat, seers, jotun and forgotten. Instead of the story converging to the same ending like the GW2 story does it would branch further as it progresses and the races all push for their own plan to stop or survive the Dragons.

I'd love to know more about that time, and I think this would be a good way to cover multiple perspectives without lots of separate releases or promoting one particular race/approach. It would need to be a single-player game because of the branching storyline.

I'm not sure how popular a game with no humans where the best you could hope for is a kind of Pyrrhic victory would be, but I think it would be interesting.

6. This was an idea/suggestion that could be used has a sort of playerbase poll, because from my research there is no game similar to GW2 in mechanics, graphics, lore, terrain,features,... but with the aspects I mentioned. Any game remotally similar it's too old in terms of the main features i mentioned about GW2, and games similar that were mentioned like Dragons Age are turn based with fixed camera, outdated graphics, etc.
  7. And lastly I never said GW2 isn't singleplayer friendly, it is, I don't deny that and it's one of it's great qualities to but that doesn't invalidate my reasoning in point nº 2.

I created this topic to findout how many people shared my interests and that could have ideas to add, like some have, but since the playerbase is in majority interessted in the mmo style is obvious there would responses to keep at it.

• Confused 5