Singleplayer game based on GW2

lockf.9748

Hi, I don't know if this breaks any regulation nor do I know if it is in the righ place but if so, you can just erase it anyway , but I would like to suggest to the GW2 staff and higher ups to make a Singleplayer offline game base on GW2.

It would essentially be the GW2 but singleplayer, since GW2 sets an extremely high bar for mmorpg and other of similar genre that it's pointless searching alternatives to play, because I can't find one that has this kind of features and believe me I tried.

Every thing  from: environment vibrant colors, grafics, mechanics, crafting (from armor to accessories, with legendarys), special effects (for example when equipped with legendary greatsword "Sunrise"), mounts, skins, story, achievements, items (permanent pass and such: "Personal Merchant Express" for example), maps, characters....

Games can be found with one or a couple of the features but the rest is negleted or non-existent.

I'm a fan of this game but I'm not really into joinning a random group of people and talk using voice chat instead of text chat to play when it's necessary to be coordenated, and that's problematic when making raids for example, another problem is when you want to do missions/events but can't find enough people to participate.

I have some suggestions to the singleplayer version while keeping the essence of having GUILDS in the game and others:

• it could have npc that the player would be able to hire to increase the personel of the guild and later conquer one or multiple guild halls (each npc would have its level and stats that would increase in time and charge the guild a certain amount of coins per month or permanently to  acquire it);
  • having a guild to acquire items in exchange for coins (missions that the npc would fulfill... the guild would not belong to the player but perhaps contracts could be established with the player guild if it had enough reputation) ;
  • a map to establish a sort of castle or home (it would not count has a city, it would have monsters and such through out the map) for the champion(player) and aurene (the current big version of her), to which the player would need to aquire a deed of land from the queen if its from human race (different races different leaders), it would have the nodes the player bought/acquired and heads/body/trophy of legendary and other mobs defeated in a hall, it would also have various stages before being completely build and the player would to acquire various materials to build it (similar to the guild hall mechanic but with diferent currency and materials);
  • it would also have the Trading Post (gem/player store), of course;
  • everything from the expansions would be included;

Obviously aspects of the game would need somewhat of an overhaul or to be rethink, like:

• damage delt by the player, npc and mobs;
  • items locked behind achievements related to PvP and WvW and the likes;
  • Trading Post (gem/player store);

Some players may share my view and perhaps would like to add some other things... anyway this is my suggestion I hope that it catches enough atention from players and arenanet that may convince arenanet to perhaps try and make it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 2

Get skyrim and throw mods at it so it will look as vibrant as you want it and have as much "conveniently portable merchants" as you want. Or witcher 3.

22 minutes ago, lockf.9748 said:

Every thing  from: environment vibrant colors, grafics, mechanics, crafting (from armor to accessories, with legendarys), special effects (for example when equipped with legendary greatsword "Sunrise"), mounts, skins, story, achievements, items (permanent pass and such: "Personal Merchant Express" for example), maps, characters....

And btw, if that's what you want then you don't need much coordination to have it in this game. Voice chat not needed for anything either. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Get skyrim and throw mods at it so it will look as vibrant as you want it and have as much "conveniently portable merchants" as you want. Or witcher 3.

And btw, if that's what you want then you don't need much coordination to have it in this game. Voice chat not needed for anything either. 🤷‍♂️

I've played witcher 3. Skyrim case is not near as good (not fan of the game) as GW2, the gameplay mechanics, the crafting of equipment, the skins and also the mechanics of the mounts is nothing compared to GW2 . As for the mods there is always the problem of bugs and fps drop. Its also not same gamestyle that is GW2

Edited by lockf.9748
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, lockf.9748 said:

I've played witcher 3. Skyrim case is not near as good (not fan of the game) as GW2, the gameplay mechanics, the crafting of equipment, the skins and also the mechanics of the mounts is nothing compared to GW2 . As for the mods there is always the problem of bugs and fps drop. Its also not same gamestyle that is GW2

You're free to google "singleplayer open world rpgs" and make your pick, this has nothing to do with gw2 discussion subforum.

And again: btw, if that's what you want then you don't need much coordination to have it in this game. Voice chat not needed for anything either.

It's also rather interesting how you want a singleplayer game with TP and gemstore. Obvious bait is obvious, just so you know.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

There are many types of people. Those who are extravert and voice themselves easily and those who dislike being in the company of people or having the feeling they are being wachted (introvert). I can understand that being able to do content solo in an open world RPG is different from a single player RPG. In an open world RPG you still encounter other players and are being watched. It makes my behaviour in GW2 different from my behaviour in e.g. skyrim.  I understand the request. However, I do not think that arenanet is going to be the company that could realistically make that game. Arenanet is a rather small company that needs finances from their mother company NCsoft. That is a korean company who generally makes games for a very different audiance. Arenanet is a odd fish in the net. Getting NCsoft to open up a lot of money to do something out of their comfort zone will not likely happen. Specially cause Arenanet seems to have a bad record when it comes to failing side projects. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

There are many types of people. Those who are extravert and voice themselves easily and those who dislike being in the company of people or having the feeling they are being wachted (introvert). I can understand that being able to do content solo in an open world RPG is different from a single player RPG. In an open world RPG you still encounter other players and are being watched. It makes my behaviour in GW2 different from my behaviour in e.g. skyrim.  I understand the request. However, I do not think that arenanet is going to be the company that could realistically make that game. Arenanet is a rather small company that needs finances from their mother company NCsoft. That is a korean company who generally makes games for a very different audiance. Arenanet is a odd fish in the net. Getting NCsoft to open up a lot of money to do something out of their comfort zone will not likely happen. Specially cause Arenanet seems to have a bad record when it comes to failing side projects. 

One of the main reasons i suggested it was so that anyone that played could have cool things such has skins for equipment and mounts, legendary armor and such (since you need to do raids) with much easier access compared to online and it would be much easier to make coins, I don't have the liberty to just inject money and have gems to buy every cool thing that I want/need (bank/bag slots for example), one other main reason that I like this game is that it's not subscription based unlike many others out there.

Has for the trading post i dont know what was the insinuation in one of the early comments but my intention behind it is because you can sell items for much higher price then with the npc, an item you would sell to the npc for 50 copper you could sell in the TP for 70 silver for example and has for the gems you can convert the coins you have to gems just like in the game since it would be an offline game it would have no interference whatsoever in GW2.

Yes it's true you can do a lot alone in the game but has I mention before there is other things you can't and since builds change with updates if you dont have all the expansions you tend not to deal has much dmg has others or if you spent a lot of time without playing and you don't record every shortcut or playstile for the build, fractals or raids or dungeons for example, people tend to get annoyed because they want to speedrun it.

You can also find groups to teach and have patience to do that but they are rare and the time when you're available to play you might not find anyone for it, and I'me not an introvert I just don't feel confortable having conversations with people that are complete strangers, it would another story if it was friends of friends and stuff.

I just shared my opinion because if enough people are interested the company might end up considering it but of course many others wont agree, this is from a player that is more adept to singleplayer games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

never expected to see a topic like this, to be honest. As a competitive player who plays and has played a myriad of MMO's solo (with an exception made for ESO because it offered zero competitive content - endgame and not - outside of raiding and  HM DLC dungeons/achievements), I always come back to GW2 because it's the most single-player friendly game I've ever come across. It's also challenging enough in its Open World game mode and especially in the expansions that I feel I lack nothing in terms of rewarding gameplay, with the possibility to play alone or not whenever I feel like  one or the other, with no need to group  with other people even. Meta events, bounties, World Bosses, etc. are a blast, then I ride off into the sunset solo, the same way I arrived.

I haven't done fractals and raids in GW" because I don't feel the need to - grouping up is something 'd rather not do, but I don't feel like I'm giving up anything really -  good gear and progression are not locked behind group content. I'm currently gearing up my most recent alt with ascended gear just because I can.🙂
There's lots of things to do in GW2 as a singleplayer, even as a single player with a more competitive approach to gaming. 

To OP, I hope you can find the same warm fuzzy spot that I did in GW2 as a solo player. This is the game I'll always choose when I want to spend some quality satisfying solo gameplay time - for me, that's almost always.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Echo Badflower.7245 said:

never expected to see a topic like this, to be honest. As a competitive player who plays and has played a myriad of MMO's solo (with an exception made for ESO because it offered zero competitive content - endgame and not - outside of raiding and  HM DLC dungeons/achievements), I always come back to GW2 because it's the most single-player friendly game I've ever come across. It's also challenging enough in its Open World game mode and especially in the expansions that I feel I lack nothing in terms of rewarding gameplay, with the possibility to play alone or not whenever I feel like  one or the other, with no need to group  with other people even. Meta events, bounties, World Bosses, etc. are a blast, then I ride off into the sunset solo, the same way I arrived.

I haven't done fractals and raids in GW" because I don't feel the need to - grouping up is something 'd rather not do, but I don't feel like I'm giving up anything really -  good gear and progression are not locked behind group content. I'm currently gearing up my most recent alt with ascended gear just because I can.🙂
There's lots of things to do in GW2 as a singleplayer, even as a single player with a more competitive approach to gaming. 

To OP, I hope you can find the same warm fuzzy spot that I did in GW2 as a solo player. This is the game I'll always choose when I want to spend some quality satisfying solo gameplay time - for me, that's almost always.

I'm not much of a competitive type although I do like it from times to times for a change of pace. I agree with what you said but the downside of ascended gear is that when the best build of the profession tend to change with expansions usually and so do the stats of the gear and you would need to craft a new one again while with legendary equipment there is no need. But has a stated before I don't have the time to grind for coins nor the money to inject to get more space in the bank, more bag slots, shared slots and such. It also becomes dificult to complete certain achievements to get more points to get rewards when maps already have a lot of time and people move to new ones, there is also the caso that I don't always have in my disposal internet access.

A few good things about fractals is that you can make good amount of coins with dailies and there is a small chance of getting ascended gear, but for the best rewards are the higher level ones and you can't solo it and becomes repetitive.

I'm sure you also have seen skins and items that would like to have to help you and for the looks of it, alot in the Gem store... can you always buy it or do you have to let it go?? Probably the latter.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

No thank you.

Asking that an existing game, with an existing playerbase, lose its development so that you can have a solo game is...questionable at best. 

I'm not asking to lose its development this job could tasked to another game company.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, lockf.9748 said:

I'm not much of a competitive type although I do like it from times to times for a change of pace. I agree with what you said but the downside of ascended gear is that when the best build of the profession tend to change with expansions usually and so do the stats of the gear and you would need to craft a new one again while with legendary equipment there is no need. But has a stated before I don't have the time to grind for coins nor the money to inject to get more space in the bank, more bag slots, shared slots and such. It also becomes dificult to complete certain achievements to get more points to get rewards when maps already have a lot of time and people move to new ones, there is also the caso that I don't always have in my disposal internet access.

A few good things about fractals is that you can make good amount of coins with dailies and there is a small chance of getting ascended gear, but for the best rewards are the higher level ones and you can't solo it and becomes repetitive.

I'm sure you also have seen skins and items that would like to have to help you and for the looks of it, alot in the Gem store... can you always buy it or do you have to let it go?? Probably the latter.

I admit I'm a little confused now. You say you're not overly competitive, but enjoy competitive gameplay from tiime to time. What do you need legendary gear for, then? 
Legendary gear is used by and drops at the highest tiers of endgame content. The people who wear legendary gear now starting doing raids and fractals and all that jazz  probably mainly in exotic gear, maybe with a piece or two of ascended mixed in, and progressed through the content  - which rewards higher tier gear as you progress. Those who wear legendary gear have 100% earned it. In my opinion, that's the way it should be.  You don't need legendary gear to do entry level raids and fractals, and you get better gear as you go along.
Yes, crafting ascended gear can be expensive - but you can gear up a little bit at a time. I always start with crafting  my weapons, then hop into HoT or Living World to get trinkets and backpack with map currency. You can get ascended trinkets with laurels too.
Gold can be obtained doing dailies, not even grinding...so if you have a little patience and actually play the game, many of the things you bring up become non-issues. This game does not have massive and frequent meta shifts in terms of gear, so not really  an issue to change up gear to keep up with the meta,   at least for me.
Of course all of this requires that you play the game. 🙂 You sound like you don't really want to put in a whole lot of effort , but want cool stuff anyway. Which is fine, but that's not really how MMO's work. You can buy stuff and you can earn stuff.   I obviously deprive myself of  skins earned in high-end content because I play solo, but I do buy them if I want them.  I'm into self-gratification...if I can't buy something  the gem store, I save my gold and buy something else at the Trading Post. It all depends on how much you want things and how much effort you're willing to put in to obtain them. You have to compromise. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Echo Badflower.7245 said:

Those who wear legendary gear have 100% earned it. In my opinion, that's the way it should be.  

Okay, I'm totally not agreeing with lockf's desire for a single player game. I find the idea bizarre, since the communal aspect of GW2 is what it has going for it. You can get better lore/story/gameplay/challenge.... everything else in single player games that already exist.

But no, not everyone who wears legendary gear has earned it. Many legendary weapons can be bought with gems->gold. Legendary armor can be gotten by mindlessly PvPing or flipping WvW camps or buying Raid runs. I'm not making a judgment on this, it just is what it is.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Isn't earning a wage, doing gems > gold still earning legendaries, technically? I mean, no theft was involved. I suppose someone could gift someone a legendary weapon, though. 🤔

That's kinda sweet that you believe all money is earned IRL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, lockf.9748 said:

I agree with what you said but the downside of ascended gear is that when the best build of the profession tend to change with expansions usually and so do the stats of the gear and you would need to craft a new one again....

You don't have to craft new Ascended armor and weapons whenever the meta build changes -- all you need is an EXOTIC inscription, five globs of ectoplasm, and an item that is purchased with 15 spirit shards. Some ascended trinkets from Bloodstone Fen can be "stat swapped as well."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing#Ascended_weapons_and_armor

Edited by MacChruim.1635
forgot link
  • Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 2:34 AM, lockf.9748 said:

I'm a fan of this game but I'm not really into joinning a random group of people and talk using voice chat instead of text chat to play when it's necessary to be coordenated, and that's problematic when making raids for example, another problem is when you want to do missions/events but can't find enough people to participate.

This seems to be the core issue and argument for you to want a single-player game. The thing is though that a single-player game will not have any of the stuff that you'd need voice chat for, so you can skip that content here too and presto, you have your single-player game.

The thing is that an MMO isn't nearly the same as a single-player game. And transforming them from one to the other is a resource-heavy endeavour. Resources Anet will not commit to a single-player game of the content that millions already have played through and only keep doing because there are other people around. And that goes for solo players too I believe. They may avoid group content, but it sure does make for a great experience to run into other players and chat with them, whenever it suits you. It makes the game feel alive just the same.

Your complaint about raids won't be solved by making it a single-player game because raids wouldn't exist in a single-player game. And for your other complaint about finding enough people to do it, well, that's not a big enough reason for putting such resources into a single-player game. It can be annoying at times, I get that, but I think this MMO has plenty of content for solo players.