Tactical reload nerf for PvE entirely unnecessary, why was this done?!

Ori.9716

1 hour ago, DaniTheHero.6318 said:

Warrior is once again unplayable in sPVP and anyone who says otherwise is dishonest.

The changes to Spellbreaker and Berserker aren't nearly enough to make them viable, and BladeSworn is literally worthless in sPVP now.
You can't sustain yourself as much as you could before, and your signature move is one of the most telegraphed  move in the game, so it doesn't matter if it's "Strong" if everyone avoids it unless there's A LOT of visual noise happening in that moment.

Every other class has constant range and CC and with stuff like Mechanist that also deals an enourmous amount of damage, and a Bladesworn pretty much can't fight in any scenario that isn't a direct and continued 1vs1.

This of course ignoring the fact that there's really no real objective reason to play warrior in PVE instead of pretty much any other class.
Across core and 3 ELITE's, warrior has the least roles among all classes, and it doesn't even excell in the few roles that it does hold as someone does those better. You "can" reach TOP DPS on Certain bosses as a Bladesworn specifically, but it requires far, far far more proper execution that the close seconds and thirds that would just button mash with little effort or care for rotation.

The ONLY reason I haven't already switched to a different class like Guardian or Engineer is because I have invested a lot of time and gems into the warrior who is my first character. 100% Map completion across all areas, full story completion, bag , build and template slots and so on.

Cope.

Berserker and spellbreaker are doing much better then they were before this patch, and spellbreaker already wasn't anywhere near as bad as the habitual forum whiners claimed.

And to top it off Bladesworn is literally looking to still be the strongest pvp spec for warrior right now even without shout healing, like actually no joke.

dragonslash is only the most easily telegraphed attack if you're a monkey that tries to full charge it for barley any extra damage and blow it right after a flickerstep like a bot running a script every time. And bladesworn has plenty of sustain if you actually play smart and spec for it, the bladesworn heal skill is still insane and still refills with tactical reload, they have a talent that increases healing recieved and you can spec for tons of passive healing if you go the defense/discipline route which between your active defenses like shield 5, endure pain,shake it off, smart use of in combat mobility (gunsaber 5, dragontrigger2, bull rush, resistance on dodge, warriors sprint)and the ability to chain CCs it will keep you alive against anything short of a zerg focus fire

You people on the forums just love to whine

Edited by Kayberz.5346

39 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Cope.

Berserker and spellbreaker are doing much better then they were before this patch, and spellbreaker already wasn't anywhere near as bad as the habitual forum whiners claimed.

And to top it off Bladesworn is literally looking to still be the strongest pvp spec for warrior right now even without shout healing, like actually no joke.

dragonslash is only the most easily telegraphed attack if you're a monkey that tries to full charge it for barley any extra damage and blow it right after a flickerstep like a bot running a script every time. And bladesworn has plenty of sustain if you actually play smart and spec for it, the bladesworn heal skill is still insane and still refills with tactical reload, they have a talent that increases healing recieved and you can spec for tons of passive healing if you go the defense/discipline route which between your active defenses like shield 5, endure pain,shake it off, smart use of in combat mobility (gunsaber 5, dragontrigger2, bull rush, resistance on dodge, warriors sprint)and the ability to chain CCs it will keep you alive against anything short of a zerg focus fire

You people on the forums just love to whine

Condi Berserker is definitely doing way better in PVP, but it is still way behind the other condi specs. Power Berserker is not working out but it might be mostly because the multipliers on it are additive, still a bit iffy even if it is changed for both PVE and PVP.

Spellbreaker needs some tweeks here and there for PVP , a full physical skills builds needs just a little bit more damage maybe on FC at best at auto attack damage and little bit more boon removal here and there, maybe little bit condi cleanse since it ate a big kitten nerf when resistance got nuked, for PVE there isn't much reason for it maybe if it is pushed with some tweeks into the DPS/Support variant Till then its BS or Berserker all the way. 
BS will be way behind the other Meta specs since we are moving to I-frames defense and conditions than the previous HP mitigation and blocks, PVP is really focused on surprise teleports and spammy damage which Shout heal gave enough recover to retaliate and Adrenal Health gradual regen might not be enough to deal with the I-frame builds since you have to hit them to heal.

For PVE BS needs just the cast time of  Overcharged Cartridges to be removed and just have a animation after cast with a boom a the end to reduce big part of the clunkiness, the mechanic is just convoluted and it only adds annoyance for no other reason then making it more complicated and I thought we were going in the other direction. 

Also can you drop the tude, it is a forum, its purpose is to complain about the game and if you don't say anything you get served kitten. Last time I checked I haven't pissed in your porridge and hostile remarks will just turn the tone of the conversation from constructive to kitten posting. 

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Condi Berserker is definitely doing way better in PVP, but it is still way behind the other condi specs. Power Berserker is not working out but it might be mostly because the multipliers on it are additive, still a bit iffy even if it is changed for both PVE and PVP.

Spellbreaker needs some tweeks here and there for PVP , a full physical skills builds needs just a little bit more damage maybe on FC at best at auto attack damage and little bit more boon removal here and there, maybe little bit condi cleanse since it ate a big kitten nerf when resistance got nuked, for PVE there isn't much reason for it maybe if it is pushed with some tweeks into the DPS/Support variant Till then its BS or Berserker all the way. 
BS will be way behind the other Meta specs since we are moving to I-frames defense and conditions than the previous HP mitigation and blocks, PVP is really focused on surprise teleports and spammy damage which Shout heal gave enough recover to retaliate and Adrenal Health gradual regen might not be enough to deal with the I-frame builds since you have to hit them to heal.

For PVE BS needs just the cast time of  Overcharged Cartridges to be removed and just have a animation after cast with a boom a the end to reduce big part of the clunkiness, the mechanic is just convoluted and it only adds annoyance for no other reason then making it more complicated and I thought we were going in the other direction. 

Also can you drop the tude, it is a forum, its purpose is to complain about the game and if you don't say anything you get served kitten. Last time I checked I haven't pissed in your porridge and hostile remarks will just turn the tone of the conversation from constructive to kitten posting. 

Theres a difference between level headed criticism/critique and making posts like "warrior is unplayable and worthless" which is the trend these days.

I think anet just needs to focus on toning down the overperforming specs in pvp, warrior could still use some buffs to damage here and there along with qol updates to janky/bugged gap closers but overall i dont think they need a whole lot more in terms of sustain/survivability.

And yeah overcharged cartridges definitely needs to be touched up, its very clunky with its slow cast animation and unnecessary cooldown between the initial activation and CC flip making it unreliable for on demand CC

29 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Theres a difference between level headed criticism/critique and making posts like "warrior is unplayable and worthless" which is the trend these days.

I think anet just needs to focus on toning down the overperforming specs in pvp, warrior could still use some buffs to damage here and there along with qol updates to janky/bugged gap closers but overall i dont think they need a whole lot more in terms of sustain/survivability.

And yeah overcharged cartridges definitely needs to be touched up, its very clunky with its slow cast animation and unnecessary cooldown between the initial activation and CC flip making it unreliable for on demand CC

You have to read into it , for the past several years Warrior builds ate several nerfs across all game modes for not much reason except maybe to promote BS for sales, the builds that got nerfed weren't that amazing they were overall mediocre but they were fun an somewhat comfortable to play and were exchanged but only in places with more complex clunky builds in a period of the game where they were reducing the difficulty of the professions.
Also considering that Warrior got several nerfs for no reason in the past several years where the class development was done once 4 to 6 months  people got Jaded even if they started Happy go Lucky. The breaking point was the first Banners patch this year which proved to everyone not just Warrior mains that Anet didn't know or care at all for a profession that many people have invested time in. Long term players usually have all the professions but with time they will gravitate to a comfort build and when that gets deleted will be met with anger either posting here or just out right leaving the game.

This patch was the perfect time to do it right as a promotion, the mechanical changes are good but need some work, there was no reason to not make it Overpowered till the next month patch but for some reason Warrior came up prenerfed and of course people will got pissed AGAIN. With time we learned that you have to use hyperbola to get average results, since if you suggest something balanced, the devs would tune it down since the rest of the people use the Sky is falling excuse.   

So we use Click bait to get any attention like the whole social media, since it works, I bet that we wouldn't have seen any changes if we just shut up.