geforce 3060ti game feels bad. [Solved]

i switched from a 1060 to a 3060ti. normally i would think now everything works better but now the game feels really bad. for example in Lily of the Elon the camera and movement swims and feels like you playing with a rubberband. hard do explain but with the exact same settings the game feels worse.

currently i'm waiting for the chak event in scar lane. i have only 20fps. taskmanager shows 90% CPU Usage and 30% CPU usage. 90% for that on a 3060ti? is that correct?

Edit : Windows 11, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz, 64GB RAM, game installed on a SSD

Edit2 : removing Gshade fixed the problem

Edited by Stalkingwolf.6035
solved

46 minutes ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

currently i'm waiting for the chak event in scar lane. i have only 20fps. taskmanager shows 90% CPU Usage and 30% CPU usage. 90% for that on a 3060ti? is that correct?

Make sure to check on your grafic card settings and drivers. There might be options enabled which post process the visuals, which in turn might lead to this "swimmy" feeling you have.

Also make sure that if you did bump up the grafic settings in the in-game options, you take some of those back down. Especially character model limit or LOD distance can pressure the CPU. Woodenpotatoes and Mightyteapot have good video guides on youtube in regards to grafic settings.

The CPU usage and GPU usage are two different areas. CPU usage is overall usually high for GW2. You can try to limit frame rates to 30 or 60 and see if that helps, just in case the stronger GPU does pressure the CPU more (it shouldn't tbh unless you adjusted in-game settings along with it).

Edited by Cyninja.2954

hi Cyninja thanks for the anwser.

as i said i only changed the card ( and the newest driver from Nvidia ), from 1060 to 3060ti. the options ingame are all the same as before  so at least it should run the same as before. but its got worse.

and i know that cpu and gpu is something different. i only mentioned that even just standing around gw2 uses almost 100% of the GPU and only runs at 20fps.

btw. gw2 is the only game that makes problems. i know its not the best when it goes for perfoermance but at least it should run the same. currently its unplayable.

Edit : i found the problem

. There might be options enabled which post process the visuals, which in turn might lead to this "swimmy" feeling you have.

it was gshade. i forgot that i installed this some time ago. removing it fixed the problem.

Edited by Stalkingwolf.6035

9 hours ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

hi Cyninja thanks for the anwser.

as i said i only changed the card ( and the newest driver from Nvidia ), from 1060 to 3060ti. the options ingame are all the same as before  so at least it should run the same as before. but its got worse.

and i know that cpu and gpu is something different. i only mentioned that even just standing around gw2 uses almost 100% of the GPU and only runs at 20fps.

btw. gw2 is the only game that makes problems. i know its not the best when it goes for perfoermance but at least it should run the same. currently its unplayable.

Edit : i found the problem

it was gshade. i forgot that i installed this some time ago. removing it fixed the problem.

Glad you found what was the problem and fixed it.

Do you mind editing your first post and put (solved) in the thread title so others with the problem can find the solution easier?