my thoughts to make Mesmer more viable in wvw

Flow.2947

On 10/31/2022 at 10:47 AM, Mell.4873 said:

clashes wont last more than 20 seconds so almost no one will get there skills back and in this case Mesmer has the advantage in short exchanges since they can reset their cooldowns so reliably over a short period of time.

we have a different experiance in wvw. i am more focused on fights. I do ppt but that is not the main goal for me. also if your fights last 20s only, then it normally means getting overrunned or overrunning others. I am running in a group of 15 to max 35 ppl most of the time. Fights last normally arround 45s to 3 mins. some 3 somes in sm over 10 mins. Kiting for us is a big part of wvw fights to get cd ready. 

But i think the topic of my post shifted more to what mesmers are supposed to do in wvw rather in what else could they potentialy do beside the current gameplay and how balance can give direction. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flow.2947 said:

we have a different experiance in wvw. i am more focused on fights. I do ppt but that is not the main goal for me. also if your fights last 20s only, then it normally means getting overrunned or overrunning others. I am running in a group of 15 to max 35 ppl most of the time. Fights last normally arround 45s to 3 mins. some 3 somes in sm over 10 mins. Kiting for us is a big part of wvw fights to get cd ready. 

But i think the topic of my post shifted more to what mesmers are supposed to do in wvw rather in what else could they potentialy do beside the current gameplay and how balance can give direction. 

Yes but you normally don't Clash for more than 20s, at least I have never seen that happen unless it is a small group.

If you are farming Bags then maybe Mesmer is not the best but again your not clashing most of the time so maybe Virtuoso/Mirage is better in that circumstance.

• Confused 4