New Elite Spec - Volatile

SoulGuardian.6203

Intro:

The Elementalists have learned to harness greater power through fusion of old and new magics.

Using the knowledge of all Tyrian cultures to create one ultra power called volatile

This new magic is so unstable that requires and calls out for great amounts of concentration and endurance while using it, and elementalists can overcast if not properly prepared.

When they master it however, elementalists can switch their regular 4 elements for 4 new elements, on weapon switch, just like Bladesworn; which deal devastating attacks and achieve tremendous results.

Fire is replaced by Sunlight.

Deal burning and blinding to a large amount of foes in the area.

Sunlight is focused on CC, and eliminating threats early before they become troublesome. 

Water is replaced by Gravity.

Use powerful telekinesis to knock back all surrounding foes; elevate single targets then push them back, manupulate moveable objects to use as weapons, such as shields or projectiles. 

Earth is replaced by Darkness.

Use darkness veils to stealth your allies; or use those dark veils to inflict fear and blind on enemies.

Use the power of the void to create Ward spells and inflict Health degeneration, slow, and cause foes to lose accuracy.

Manipulate dark matter to send projectiles at crowds of foes and inflict massive fear and degenerate conditions. 

Air is replaced by Sound.

Use the power of sound to create massive soundwaves in a 360° area...

Thunderclap to stun all your foes and bleed them. 

Conjure sonic booms that knockback foes.

Inflict confusion by casting sound vibes spells.

The volatile enters battle at full capacity, to try win the battle early, delivering great blows, but begins getting overcast. In time they have less energy to maintain the effectiveness and will have to switch weapon and revert to regular elements until it is at full capacity again.

--'

Unlock volatile:

You are now able to weild ( Insert weapon here).

You now have access to volatile magics.

Minor 1

Using volatile mode increases your condition damage.

Major 1

1. Extend your concentration and endurance significantly. So you don't overcast as quickly. Endurance lasts 50% more.

2. Increase power everytime you switch attunement.

3. Copy boons to and from near by allies.

Minor 2

Changing back to core elements gives you minor energy boon. Increase health and endurance by 5% You gain 5% of health and endurance everytime you cast a core spell.

Major 2

1. Increase your concentration and endurance further. You now have 3 endurance bars.

2. Gain condition damage, fury and might everytime you didable a foe.

3. Minor Veil Bond. Stealth a near by downed ally for 5 seconds.

Minor 3

Volatile mode is more effective.

Increase expertise and condition damage. 

Major 3

1. Major energy boon.

You and nearby allies to you, gain a 10% health and endurance increase.

2. Major Darkness Bond.

Nearby downed allies gain stealth, resolution, and protection; and now recover health while stealthed.

3. Sunseed

You and nearby allies gain a random boon everytime you burn, blind, stun, or daze your foes. This skill has no cooldown.

Utility Skills.

6. Darkness Glyph.

Stealth and heal yourself and nearby allies.
7. Volatile Glyph.

Increase power significantly but lose endurance every second.

8. Force Glyph.

Spin around on the spot like a tornado, then spread out your arms to send a 360° shockeave that knocks back all foes around.

9. Sound Glyph.

Embrace yourself to concentrate power, then clap fowards to send soundwaves that stun and bleed foes in fron of you.

0. Sunlight Glyph.

Raise your hand up to the sky, then spread your arms to invoke a massive flash of sunlight that dazes, blinds, and burn foes.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1

As exciting as the idea may be, we all know that 4 new elements for an elementalist's e-spec won't happen.  Moreover... It's core elementalist with different elements so it probably wouldn't perform especially well in practice.

The number of new skills that the devs would have to develop for such e-spec would be way to high, I'd bet on elementalist getting a "shroud" before even thinking of any element being replaced by a new one. (Afterall, ANet already proved that they like spreading "shroud-like" mechanisms amongst the various professions (Druid's avatar, Holosmith's holoforge, Specter's shroud).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

As exciting as the idea may be, we all know that 4 new elements for an elementalist's e-spec won't happen.  Moreover... It's core elementalist with different elements so it probably wouldn't perform especially well in practice.

The number of new skills that the devs would have to develop for such e-spec would be way to high, I'd bet on elementalist getting a "shroud" before even thinking of any element being replaced by a new one. (Afterall, ANet already proved that they like spreading "shroud-like" mechanisms amongst the various professions (Druid's avatar, Holosmith's holoforge, Specter's shroud).

Yeah a "shroud-like" elemental avatar definately will be the next thing. I can't wait to see the new utility skills that offer another ultra boring set of semi-passive "enhancement" effects 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Markus.6415 said:

Yeah a "shroud-like" elemental avatar definately will be the next thing. I can't wait to see the new utility skills that offer another ultra boring set of semi-passive "enhancement" effects 👍

Come on... An arcane avatar, with a fixed set of skills that add different conditions on crit based on the attunment you're in. But what would be interesting would be the stat increase for being in shroud Just imagine a death perception or/and reaper's onslaught trait on elementalist.

I'm not sure. 

After the Livestream today, it looks like ANet wants to give classes some uniqueness and originality. 

I don't think a shroud like mode is what they're looking for elementalist. 

There are a ton of other ideas people have been requesting / Suggesting. 

Such as an ES that revolves around elemental summons.

Like a Ritualist.

The new skills I'm suggesting wouldn't be for all weapons, it would be a switch like Bladesworn. Just for the new weapon.

It would be just the norm; except with weapon swap. 

Maybe I should edit that.

2 hours ago, Brodix.5214 said:

I really like that idea. But with this new set of elements, weapons what are already in game are useless? its like Catalyst where you can only play with hammer.

The idea would be similar to a Bladesworn, in which, regardless of the weapon you use, it would switch to the new weapon we'd get with Volatile. 

Perhaps even maybe retain the weapons equipped but just change to the new alternate attunements.

What do you think would work better?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, Brodix.5214 said:

mehhh i want i just want GS as main weapon for new spec xd, but if you as me i want normal way to use this spec.

I feel like Greatsword on Ele would just be another case of "I'm just another Greatsword melee figher, but with visual fire, water splash, wind or rock effects sometimes". Like the Hammer recieved the most boring set of Abilities anyone could come up with.

• Like 2

Sounds like something out of Destiny 2. 

It just doesn't really fit, and things like "soundwaves" are already synonymous with shockwaves. It's trying to make it sound more important than it is. Like saying the four elements are already controlling gravity, soundwaves, light and darkness..