Explaining Complexity, Diversity: Balance Philosophy

13 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Balance isnt about having all classes specs being good at the same time lmao. its about rotation the meta by buffing debuffing and making traits/rebuild skills that are actually interactive. When you dont follow any logic scheme you end creating classes like specter that will end ruinnig the pvp w 3 specter team comps, or vindi or whatever the broken class it is cuz it can do everything everywhere.

nobody talked about homogenizing nothing or debuffing all classes you are just trippin out of nowwhere my guy.

its an MMO but within its stanced pvp variant. no other mmo has a equivalent competitive  game mode .  Overwatch is a shooter yet follows a completely different scheme. idk why u stcik gw2 w other mmos when its pvp doesnt have anything on common. maybe the delusional one here r u my brother in christ.

Second time you use Overwatch as an example, there's no way anyone with a decent sense of game design would think that corpo game is objectively a good game.

The game devs in this game might be out of touch more often than not, but the community is x5 times worse. I don't envy them.

nobody talked about homogenizing nothing or debuffing all classes you are just trippin out of nowwhere my guy.

That's what you people don't even realize you are asking for, when requesting nerfs and removing everything that your current favorite class can't do but the class that just killed you can do.

But yes, maybe you actually are aware of that and don't want it. My bad.

However, just look around in every other post.

"Remove teleports, I dont even care if thief, mesmer, revenant have less sustain than warriors! I want them to only walk in straight lines and see who lasts the longest in autoattack fights."
"Please devs, standardize HP pools! I also want my elementalist to have 15k hp to 20k hp while retaining all their utility."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Second time you use Overwatch as an example, there's no way anyone with a decent sense of game design would think that corpo game is objectively a good game.

The game devs in this game might be out of touch more often than not, but the community is x5 times worse. I don't envy them.

That's what you people don't even realize you are asking for, when requesting nerfs and removing everything that your current favorite class can't do but the class that just killed you can do.

But yes, maybe you actually are aware of that and don't want it. My bad.

However, just look around in every other post.

"Remove teleports, I dont even care if thief, mesmer, revenant have less sustain than warriors! I want them to only walk in straight lines and see who lasts the longest in autoattack fights."
"Please devs, standardize HP pools! I also want my elementalist to have 15k hp to 20k hp while retaining all their utility."

I get what youre saying and i agree w you. Holo, chrono and warr buffs where pretty nice. The problem comes w things like vidi that can perform at meta lv on all roles, it can sidenode, be a decent roamer and a top team fighter while being one of the tankiest builds. Thats a non sense. 

Im ok w q chrono shatter deleting me within 0.5s w a gravity  cuz its a high skill cap class w a lit of trade offs. But when an invincible vindi wich literally face tanked all damage posible just hits me 10k from one skill it makes me want to unitall the game. 

Cata is more or less an OP build but it sticks to its role as sidenoding and you can balance it by toning down sustain or by buffing/reworking  other sidenoders like anet did w spellbreaker. Thats healthy eviroment to work with.

Edited by NotFound.7813
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NotFound.7813 said:

I get what youre saying and i agree w you. Holo and chrono and warr buffs where pretty nice. The problem comes w things like vidi that can perform at meta lv on all roles, it can sidenode, be a decent roamer and a top team fighter whilr being one of the tankiest builds. Thats a non sense. 

Im ok w q chrono shatter deleting me within 0.5s w a gravity  cuz its a high skill cap class w a lit of trade offs. But when an invincible vindi wich literally face tanked all damage posible just hits me 10k from one skill it makes me want to unitall the game. 

Cata is more or less an OP build but it sticks to its role as sidenoding and you can balance it toning down sustain or  by buffing/reworking  other sidenoders like anet did w spellbreaker. Thats healthy eviroment to work with.

I agree with those points.

At least devs are doing elite spec specific nerfs instead of nerfing core skills and traits to death and thus killing any possibility for new builds.

Yes, vindi probably needs a redesign, theres no way they can make it work when its so dodge focused.

Herald in the other hand is a very rewarding spec but equally as unforgiving, good reward/risk ratio I wished many other specs had. It did not need the quickness so I'm glad they removed it in PvP only, instead of nerfing something else first.

But yes, vindi is indeed quite infuriating to play against. I dont know what else can be done about it when the vast majority of its traits play around their dodges.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109