Resistance should have been given to druid

aymnad.9023

Right now resistance is a very rare boon. Having the ability to share it (not even reliably) could even been seen as extraordinary. Right now I can only think of a low health vindicator and some warrior builds as an option. For a while I thought that the reason Anet did not want to give it is because this can be an incredibly strong boon. Not only does it negate movement impairing conditions but also some negative effects (like weakness) making it great for engage / disengage.

The November patch has a small change, not talked about but really bothering me. Firebrand should be getting an additional source of resistance ( Guild Wars 2 Profession Balance Update Preview - Twitch 19min 51s). While we do not have the final numbers, this could make FB a decent (or reliable if the numbers are high enough) source. Out of all the professions this is the one I do not get. Guard already has a monopoly on aegis, resolution, is the “core” of stability supports and has decent boon uptime.

If you wanted to give it to a profession this was a perfect opportunity to give a niche to druid! It would have given more support / uniqueness outside of CA. Resistance (or some barrier) could be a way to revitalize some unused support trait. It would also have been fitting as ranger has a decent amount of “anti movement impairing condition”.

Edited by aymnad.9023

4 hours ago, LughLongArm.5460 said:

Staff "4"  was supposed to be pseudo resistance before this boon even existed. Staff 4 could be easily adjusted to resistance and I really think it should. 

Yes it would make sense. I have been suggesting for a while to make work like Inspiring Reinforcement - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) but with resistance.