Which Tyrian technology is your engineer jealous of?

draxynnic.3719

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I'm not sure about that. Sure, I used Mei as an example, and her background was "antarctic climate researcher" - but in IBS Jormag was an enemy for most of it, so even if there were Frost Legion members of a hypothetical cryo engineer spec, it's unlikely it would have transferred to the PC. Maybe as some sort of technology-sharing during the truce against Primordus phase.

I could just as easily see it crop up as a response to fire-based threats. The technology could have started development as a response to an overly hot environment. It could have been made as a weapon against fire creatures (the Destroyers are probably gone now, but there are plenty of other cold-susceptible creatures around). Or it could be themed around technologically advanced firefighters who realised that their firefighting equipment could be weaponised, which is a concept that would work pretty much anywhere where firefighters are needed and there's technology to develop cryogenic firefighting equipment.

Don't Inquest use cryogenic firefighting equipment with their extinguishers that chill us? 

11 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Don't Inquest use cryogenic firefighting equipment with their extinguishers that chill us? 

Yes, they do. That was one of the examples I gave.

Arenanet has decided in their wisdom that most or all elite specs in an expansion have to be somehow linked to the region and/or story of the expansion, though, so that's not where it's going to come from if we get it. Kinda like how the golemancermechanist wasn't linked to asura either. Unless the expansion in question is asura-themed, anyway.