New pvp guard build

RedAvenged.5217

Made it with a few friends and ppl seem to be catching on so I’ll post here for everyone. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEt3lJwQYisL2IO2L/rbA-z5IWINWAZmB5HCqOAA

can also use Ji instead of advance and just take dolyack. Definitely can work in plat3+ matches as a bunker buster on NA, haven’t tried Eu. Don’t play in all roamer matches though…

enjoy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Made it with a few friends and ppl seem to be catching on so I’ll post here for everyone. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEt3lJwQYisL2IO2L/rbA-z5IWINWAZmB5HCqOAA

can also use Ji instead of advance and just take dolyack. Definitely can work in plat3+ matches as a bunker buster on NA, haven’t tried Eu. Don’t play in all roamer matches though…

enjoy

I like the concept and welcome any and every Guard build posted here because it does something to my nether regions...

By bunker buster, do you mean taking down bunker builds as fast as possible? I feel Zeal/Radiance Zerker Yolo WB build does that slightly better. But I certainly can see what this build offers though. It's different.

9 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I like the concept and welcome any and every Guard build posted here because it does something to my nether regions...

By bunker buster, do you mean taking down bunker builds as fast as possible? I feel Zeal/Radiance Zerker Yolo WB build does that slightly better. But I certainly can see what this build offers though. It's different.

Willbender basically requires all the stars to be aligned to land it’s best dmg, especially aoe damage. Great sword 3 on willbender can probably hit at its best higher than this build, but the vast majority of the time it doesn’t hit that hard.

willbender is a decent roamer, but if you are spending time trying to get people off node or in a team fight- this build just ends up with much more damage.

also this build tends to get the kill on other guardian builds over time, hence countering them. Though itself can be countered by a full roaming comp where the other team can just 1 shot you

1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

willbender is a decent roamer, but if you are spending time trying to get people off node or in a team fight- this build just ends up with much more damage.

also this build tends to get the kill on other guardian builds over time, hence countering them. Though itself can be countered by a full roaming comp where the other team can just 1 shot you

I feel this 100%. It's not that I can't dish out enough damage in team fights... it's just that WB is so glass that if you sneeze in my direction, I go down lol. To prove your point further, GS Zerk WB can't be a thing due to how glass WB is by nature... I find sword/scepter zeal zerks eons more efficient than GS WB zerk/marauders at the moment but Core guards eat me like candy in teamfights rn.

As for Core vs WB, you're right yet again..... I can't freakin' hit anything rofl. WB is designed to dish out as much damage as possible but that build negates a lot of damage.... and Core somehow manages to land more GS hits than I'd like to admit it does, even when i'm sword/scepter. I can't really wrap my head around it (or maybe i'm just bad idk). If i play really well by surviving, then i'll outdamage core by a lot to the point some one is going down but surviving has been a huge challenge for zerk WB rn.

I'm not going to jump ship though. Nearly hit top 25 with WB until i got dishonor and derped... I'm glad Core guard is getting love rn though. Seeing a lot of core guards do well in sPvP.

2 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I feel this 100%. It's not that I can't dish out enough damage in team fights... it's just that WB is so glass that if you sneeze in my direction, I go down lol. To prove your point further, GS Zerk WB can't be a thing due to how glass WB is by nature... I find sword/scepter zeal zerks eons more efficient than GS WB zerk/marauders at the moment but Core guards eat me like candy in teamfights rn.

As for Core vs WB, you're right yet again..... I can't freakin' hit anything rofl. WB is designed to dish out as much damage as possible but that build negates a lot of damage.... and Core somehow manages to land more GS hits than I'd like to admit it does, even when i'm sword/scepter. I can't really wrap my head around it (or maybe i'm just bad idk). If i play really well by surviving, then i'll outdamage core by a lot to the point some one is going down but surviving has been a huge challenge for zerk WB rn.

I'm not going to jump ship though. Nearly hit top 25 with WB until i got dishonor and derped... I'm glad Core guard is getting love rn though. Seeing a lot of core guards do well in sPvP.

Yeah good points. I feel this or willbender is the way to go for guard rn. And like you said I’m also not so sure why this build is doing so well rn- it’s got some love and hate to it’s gameplay.