necro/condi clean

noiwk.2760

50 minutes ago, noiwk.2760 said:

if only this was true..  but its not..  for many reasons..  first its unrealistic to use many shout skills because worm teleport and and spectal are a must have. . so at best case you have 1 shout skill  and then changing rune means losing 25% movement speed  which sucks but even if we make this sacrifice it remove 1 yes 1 and only 1 condition which is once again useless in most cases..  

Try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEh3lJwYYOsEWJO0WbtKA-z5IWCqOAA

If you wanna stick to staples like Wurm and Spectral Walk, you can. You'll just limit your options and you can't have everything on one build. This one forces a lot of people off points or away from you and is generally tanky if you switch between shroud at the right times. Also hits well and has an easier time with conditions. I beat plenty of people with titles and meta builds on it, so it's a valid option for you if you wanna try. 😅

At this point the dude is a  troll. He is litteraly cherry picking the "best" of what other classes have. "Oh look warrior have cleanse on demand" While forgetting that warrior also have no 2nd health pool. Most of necro #4 skill cleanses or transfer condi but yet that s not good enough because "why should I sacrifice some of my damage by switching to another weapon just to cleanse condi"

The level of delusion is real. Imagine a double axe warrior complaining that he shouldn t have to switch to defensive weapon to get access to Block.

You clearly have good enough options learn to use them. 

8 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

While forgetting that warrior also have no 2nd health pool.

Since we are on another round of powercreep "2nd healt pool" is much weaker than blocks, invuls and evade frames. Even in gold 3 people can burst through shroud or CC spam into it. And also, if necro will use shroud just as 2nd health pool he won't kill anyone, so no matter how much HP he has, he'll die anyway.

Most of necro #4 skill cleanses or transfer condi

I didn't know 2 out of 6 is "most'.

Imagine a double axe warrior complaining that he shouldn t have to switch to defensive weapon to get access to Block.

Fun fact is many classes/specs are meta only because they can play offensively with built-in/passive defensive mechanism.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Since we are on another round of powercreep "2nd healt pool" is much weaker than blocks, invuls and evade frames. Even in gold 3 people can burst through shroud or CC spam into it. And also, if necro will use shroud just as 2nd health pool he won't kill anyone, so no matter how much HP he has, he'll die anyway.

I didn't know 2 out of 6 is "most'.

Fun fact is many classes/specs are meta only because they can play offensively with built-in/passive defensive mechanism.

yup..  ofc we could go their way and accuse them of being bad not knowing how to counter necreos.. but its not point.. im ok being called a troll but i think Anet should be aware of the lack of relayable condi clean for necro..  they talk forever about second life bar which is becoming rather useless right now..   should remind them that harbringer doesnt have second life bar infact it basically have half life  due to blight stack reducing life .. . yet it is currently stronger than reaper who has that additional life..   

with 0 def limited ways to build life force and the 5% drain per second aswell as as lack of stability and using life force as offence. . in the current bursty meta when even condition builds are bursting conditions that second life bar gone in a blink.     and if they want to talk pure life..  then maybe we should remind them that curerntly after BM nerf reaper got quite literally 0 resustain.  that means other classes resustain their life bar 

Idk I play core condi necro and I'm usually the one tanking/eating condis for my team. Granted, I use my shroud defensively since it is core, which means I have more flexbility to eat condi bombs and be fine, but I wouldn't say necro is completely defenseless against condi. I'd say more so its squishier bretheren (Harb and Reaper) have trouble moreso because they have utilities that are fighting for spots consistently due to the nerf on certain traitlines like blood. Core has the flexibility where it could run some its tankier traitlines without sacrificing much or simply slot out one 'defensive' traitline for a more offensive one and be this sort of condi bruiser that could scare people off of points while also playing meatshield for the team that needs condi alleviation. 

Overall I'd say this problem lies moreso with the traits that got hit with the nerf bat over the years that cause necro to be over reliant on certain defensive traits in order to avoid the problem of condi being such a issue. Without that sort of cushion, specs like Reaper and sometimes Harb, can just fall apart to more spammy classes with condi like Mes and sometime Guardian depending on the spec/sigils they have for their burn builds.

This is just coming from a mostly core necro player between WvW and PvP. People that actually has necro as their first mains could probably pinpoint what traits I'm referring to. 

Edited by Dreams.3128

1 hour ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Idk I play core condi necro and I'm usually the one tanking/eating condis for my team. Granted, I use my shroud defensively since it is core, which means I have more flexbility to eat condi bombs and be fine, but I wouldn't say necro is completely defenseless against condi. I'd more so its squishier bretheren (Harb and Reaper) have trouble moreso because they have utilities that are fighting for spots consistently due to the nerf on certain traintlines like blood. Core has the flexibility where it could run some its tankier traitlines without sacrificing much or simply slot out one 'defensive' traitline for a more offensive one and be this sort of condi bruiser that could scare people off of points while also playing meatshield for the team that needs condi allieviation. 

Overall I'd say this problem lies moreso with the traits that got hit with the nerf bat over the years that cause necro to be over reliant on certain defensive traits in order to avoid the problem of condi being such a issue. Without that sort of cushion specs like Reaper and sometimes Harb can just fall apart to more spammy classes with condi like Mes and sometime Guardian depending on the spec/sigils they have for their burn builds.

This is just coming from a mostly core necro player between WvW and PvP. People that actually has necro as their first mains could probably pinpoint what traits I'm referring to. 

yes i agree..  in last 2 days i been playing as core necro (power)  simply because the nerf to blood magic and death magic left reaper without much choice but pass on them for other traitlines.   as they dont offer enough for reaper..     i admit that dealing with conditions is alot easier as core necro especially as condi core or even scourge. .    but i am a reaper main ..  and i think Anet should give reaper a solid condition cleaning .   especially when reaper isnt as tanky as condi core necro who use carrion  more vit = more life force and have more defensive tools in their kit..    but also due to range..   and fear and more ways to regen life force compared to reaper..    as reaper when i enter shroud enough 1 hammer Spell breaker to lock me in CC untill my life force is gone 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 3:49 AM, noiwk.2760 said:

hey Arena Net please  provide Necro/reaper more ways to clean conditions. .  we have close to none condi cleans  yes we have spectral walk but its 1 condition at random every 2 seconds. . it doesnt actually help..  and we are being forced to use consume condition healing skill just for the condi clean .  please  add more condi clean or buff spectral walk condition cleaning ! thank you !

Necro have lot of passive clean traits, but most of it are not solid, and passive is not a good thing in pvp.

I wish they buff necro active clean skill. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

Necro have lot of passive clean traits, but most of it are not solid, and passive is not a good thing in pvp.

I wish they buff necro active clean skill. 

even the passive ones have been nerfed into nothing..   blood magic nerfed into 2 conditions when leaving shroud not to mention it transfer 5 to you from allies when you enter..   so you enter shroud burn all your life force from conditions and then get out clean only 2 ?   nty  

death magic was ok.. when the protection was still good uptime now they literally halved the protection time on last trait no worth considering it other than harbringer