Finding a good server for WvW

Kstyle.5829

So I just started WvW and I found I couldn't play with my friend so I went on her server (crystal desert).  It's hard to find groups for zerg here only like 15 people are in the battleground it seems like.  I look online and it says its a tier 4 server.  On Yaks bend it said we were tier 1 or 2 but I never tried Zergs there. Did I make a mistake and it would have been considerably better to be on a tier 1 server for zergs? Can smaller servers still do that or are you more on the small scale skirmishes?

10 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

So I just started WvW and I found I couldn't play with my friend so I went on her server (crystal desert).  It's hard to find groups for zerg here only like 15 people are in the battleground it seems like.  I look online and it says its a tier 4 server.  On Yaks bend it said we were tier 1 or 2 but I never tried Zergs there. Did I make a mistake and it would have been considerably better to be on a tier 1 server for zergs? Can smaller servers still do that or are you more on the small scale skirmishes?

smaller servers tend to not have as much largescale activity than bigger ones, thats right. But even t4 servers should have zergs....   sometimes its hiddentags. You should check your servers discord and talk to a few people. Get in touch with the community and ask them.  Thats your best bet.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

CD has a lot of tags that will tag invisible so you'll never see them unless you can read a map. Couple things I'd suggest

1. Look up roaming builds for downtime when there isn't as much people playing

2. Find out who a couple of the tags are and friends list them, usually early NA and NA prime there's people on. Go to the q'd maps

I wouldn't say you chose a bad server but most people don't play on CD outside of their guild times lots. So u will see a lot of solo game play unless some pugmander tags up. With build tabs now it's easy to have a couple options to play on your character  

• Like 1