I just reached 80 lvl on my thief - lf gear advices, what to do first.

Stabzero.5210

Since it's gonna be my first gear it would be nice to have possibility farm first activies like dungs/strikes/fractals but also being viable to do activities in open world (dunno if that's possible)

I am not gonna focus right now on PvP but in future for sure, first still a lot of content to explore and finish so let's focus on PvE side right now.

I have seen some metabattle guides, builds but it's hard to find alternatives given there for gear (most of them shows top gear like ascended or legendaries...)

No Elite specs unlocked yet, just raw, 80 lvl thief (I got all 3 expansions bought just need to progress)

I always was into rogue things and really enjoy dagger/dagger, spectre gameplay look good also, some kind of martial arts, karate kid (lol).

I was thinking about gear that I can buy and here is what I figured out via looking videos, guides, people advices but still misses some kind of info:

Gear pieces:

Nika's:

https://imgur.com/a/DQFHg56

Daggers:

Usoku's Needle x2

https://imgur.com/OoEIuWS

Back -No idea

Accessory, Rings, Amulet - No idea

Second weapon - Bow or Pistol

2nd alternative

Scepter build? I still do not know much about this except some short gameplays.

Edited by Stabzero.5210

Don't get too bothered by the name of the gear, name of the stat set is what is important. For example Usoku's Needle here is a berserkers dagger to determine the accessories you can always check the wiki. generaly if you type "ruby orichalchum" into the trading post, berserker trinkets will show up, if you want to play dagger/dagger with power you should go for D/D Deadeye build. It is the highest dps in the game at the moment, but it is a bit wonky to play.

If you want to play scepter you need to go for condition damage, berserker won't work with scepter .You need gear with either Viper stats, or if you want a more forgiving but overall less dps version use Ritualist stats, but both of them are not easy to get.

Edited by Serperior.6541

Would you like further mentoring in the ONLY all thief guild? 

To start out i recommend learning to survive but feel satisfied by hitting hard and utilizing power based builds. Think of it as training yourself to dodge needed telegraphed pve skills from mobs. Once you get this down you can start testing other builds out a bit more and adjusting by having more tankier and stout builds like condition based builds.

Look for berserker stats: Power orecision and ferocity, nothing else with power having the highest values over the other 2. This can be searched for in the trade post as a reference for a majority of the sellable items there via the cogwheel icon, input "berserker" and select level 80-80 and make sure not to match your current level as to not accidentally buy lvl 75-79 gear.

Runes should be scholar as they work best in most pve open world.

For fractals tou are going to NEED ascended gear over exotic gear because agony scales the further you get up in scaling there..it causes health loss,  its not damage it is a MUST. 

If interested add me and mail me in game!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sites like metabattle and snowcrows show you ascended gear because that’s what’s best in slot. The only thing that’s important for you right now is the stats on the gear, the stats on the weapons, the sigils, the runes, and the build. 

you can do all content with exotic( orange ) gear. Don’t stress about having the best gear right now because it really doesn’t make a difference. 

The beauty of guild wars is that this game is horizontal. There’s no right or wrong way to go about things. What you should do first though is make sure you have the hero points to complete your first elite spec. I recommend unlocking daredevil first as it’s the most beginner friendly and can clear all content in a relatively easy manner. 

if you have any questions just feel free to ask.