Idea to decouple Warrior from having to use CC to land damage

Lan Deathrider.5910

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So you would need to have quickness and the new trait just to land 100 Blades? Doesn't seem that great to me. The cooldown on those CCs is essentially double that of 100 Blades (3.5s cast before any speed up), Flurry (2.5s), or Arc Divider (1.75s). Also I don't think Arenanet is keen on letting quickness to stack with attack speed traits in general. Your premise is the original quickness was 50% reduction in cast time, when clearly they (Arenanet) want everything to be telegraphed.

That is the intent. The bigger cast times would still need some CC and some quickness, but the amount of CC would not be the durations that they are now, and skills that have big telegraphs, but not long cast times would be easier to land without CC.

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I suspect the main reason hammer is popular now is the added damage on burst that breaks the "no damage on CC" rule, which is more or less the main change in competitive modes. All this is why it's probably best to target any change to the root of the so-called problem which would only be essentially Full Counter (unblockable CC with 300 "range") combined with No Escape (immob on CC).

Its more that MH has been moved to a more accessible spot and is easier to optimize its damage. FC being an issue has to do with it's bugged CD reduction from VP.

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Seriously though. All Melee AA's have 130 range, but for the other professions their melee weapons tend to hit beyond that either in whole or in part.

also some other classes can buffer their attack animations and execute a teleport guaranteeing their hit to land while instantly closing the gap, some with additional effects.

warrior has no such luxury. you can't buffer moves into the dashes and leaps, you are animation locked during dashes and leaps, and the dashes and leaps themselves are unlikely to land unless you're close to the enemy. there are many instances where you miss a target strafing or moving away.

while some other classes can switch between melee and ranged or mid ranged to great effect.

i don't mind the melee locked design, its expected for anyone who even chooses to play warrior in any game, but, the melee struggle of warrior in gw2 has become absurdly unrewarding, its not just the matter of difficulty.

from a balance standpoint, why would anyone go through warrior's melee struggles when you can play a guard, a rev, a ranger, a necro, etc.. with more ease, better reach and damage to much better effect.

i was thinking a potential solution would be to improve our ranged options, but that'll just make us another ranger, as @Dr Meta.3158  says, redundant.

so whats left is to make warrior exceptionally strong at melee, with its glaring weaknesses, which was actually what warrior used to be.

i got nothin', honestly i liked how warrior played in the past, glaring weaknesses but rewarding once you closed the gap.

and i have to ask, is there really any other way to go besides this?

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1