Lush Forest

CalmTheStorm.2364

This trait currently sucks and sees virtually no play in any game mode, as far as I know. I wanted to toss out some ideas to see what you all think.

Lush Forest--Master Trait:

1.) Gain 1s Alacrity each time you use a charge of an ammo skill.

OR

2.) Gain 1s Alacrity for each charge you accrue while in Dragon Trigger

Lush Forest--Grand Master Trait:

In this scenario, LF trades places with Daring Dragon in the trait line with the following changes:

Daring Dragon:  Gain 2.5s quickness after using a Dragon Slash ability.

Lush Forest:  Gain +1 ammo to all Gunsaber skills if your Dragon Slash hits.  Dragon Slash is partially recharged by 50% (i.e. CD decreases from 8s to 4s) if it hits.

Discussion:

I think the Master trait versions would probably see the most use in the current state of Bladesworn; it's too hard to pass on Unyielding Dragon in the GM slot.  However, if all Dragon Slash abilities became unblindable and unblockable at baseline (which they should be, IMO), then you could make a compelling case for using LF in the GM slot.  It would allow you to keep up pressure with artillery slashes and cyclone triggers, as well as improve your mobility thanks to the extra Break Step.  This would also synergize powerfully with Unshakeable Mountain and Fierce as Fire Master traits, as more ammo charges = more barrier or damage stacks, respectively.

Daring Dragon giving quickness after every DS attack would be very powerful in its own right.  I could see a lot of possibilities with that in the Master slot.

This probably wouldn't affect high-end PvE very much, as you'd still want FaF and UD in most scenarios, I would imagine.  On the other hand, as long as someone else was providing the might and CC and you had enough flow, you could potentially get off more frequent DS attacks thanks to the CD reduction.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Like 2

hmmm.. lush forest. enable movement when in dragon trigger. this would be a good competitive option. or faster charge speed. 🤔

they could put stability when entering dragon trigger into daring dragon. this way we'd have to choose between grandmaster traits so it isn't too strong. 🤔

honestly daring dragon would've been so fun if only it were fluid. 😓

• Confused 1

It sees no play because the only viable build that used it (and very effectively) was Healsworn, but the Tactical Reload nerf completely destroyed that, effectively banishing Lush Forest from the game as well.

Its two competing traits are always going to be taken on any build, no matter what, with the only choice being made whether its for group (damage) or solo content (barrier). The only place for Lush Forest is on a support build and oh look, Warrior doesn't have one anymore. In fact its the only class in the game that can't do anything but deal damage or use crowd control, and the only one with three DPS-focused specs.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

It sees no play because the only viable build that used it (and very effectively) was Healsworn, but the Tactical Reload nerf completely destroyed that, effectively banishing Lush Forest from the game as well.

Its two competing traits are always going to be taken on any build, no matter what, with the only choice being made whether its for group (damage) or solo content (barrier). The only place for Lush Forest is on a support build and oh look, Warrior doesn't have one anymore. In fact its the only class in the game that can't do anything but deal damage or use crowd control, and the only one with three DPS-focused specs.

Which is why we need a rework!

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Which is why we need a rework!

My point is, even with a rework it'll never be taken over the other traits, because you'll never be in a situation where you want to do something other than damage or tank on Warrior due to its limited class design. If you make it the best choice for either role, then one of the other two traits will never be taken instead.

Warrior needs more viable build options to make proper use of it.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

My point is, even with a rework it'll never be taken over the other traits, because you'll never be in a situation where you want to do something other than damage or tank on Warrior due to its limited class design. If you make it the best choice for either role, then one of the other two traits will never be taken instead.

Warrior needs more viable build options to make proper use of it.

I'd disagree. Either of the Master level reworks proposed in the OP could generate nearly permanent alacrity; that would have terrific impacts on both offense and sustain. For instance, perma alac would mean that DT is available every 6s instead of 8s; Tactical Reload is now 45s CD instead of 60s; each charge of combat stimulant recharges in 18.75s instead of 25s; etc. That's incredible value. 

The GM version, as stated in the OP, would probably only be viable if DS became unblockable/unblindable at baseline (the same us true for Immortal Dragon, btw).