Untamed......can it be salvaged?

Arheundel.6451

Should Untamed be reworked?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• YES - It does not bring anything to the table, nothing that cannot be done better on soulbeast/druid
    • NO - I am happy the way it is now

Speaking as a untamed main that always used ferocious symbiosis. I am glad with the changes i still feel for raids and strikes and fractals it should be easier to share boons with pets given in my mind. Untamed is suppose to be the pet class soul beast wasnt. PVE it does need some work to be more viable outside of pvp and wvw mindset. I still dont like that we lose damage when we unleash the pet ask me the pet should get a damage buff  and maybe a boon share when we unleash the pet. That way we dont need to waste our heal skill for We Heal as One and use the untamed heal. My untamed is a power untamed with either axe axe/hammer or lb/hammer given i always like a ranged option in my build. I use marksman skirmishing and untamed given i do really on my own attacks a lot.

When anet was making untamed i was hoping it was going to be like Master Ranger Nente in that one dungeon given in melee he uses a hammer as well. My fighting style i favor ranged weapons then i swap to hammer when i get close to a enemy or in a raid. So if they made a style mirroring that playstyle i would of been ok. I also wanted to be a more pet focused playstyle or rather a playstyle that effected both the pet and the ranger like they hinted at with untamed.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 2

Those are some of the most loaded poll options I've ever seen. I won't vote because the missing answer is yes, I think it needs to be reworked some, but no it doesn't need to be entirely scrapped. I enjoy the playstyle significantly more than soulbeast, which I've never been able to click with. I find it's an ok spec, but it could be better. Also, do you mean pvp, wvw, pve, and out of pve do you mean open world, fractals, raids, strikes? It's why having only 2 options (where one is basically THIS ESPEC NEEDS TO BE BURNED TO THE GROUND vs YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISLIKE A PART OF IT is a bad comparison). I don't think there's a single spec in the game that doesn't have shades of things I don't love, even if I understand why they are there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Those are some of the most loaded poll options I've ever seen. I won't vote because the missing answer is yes, I think it needs to be reworked some, but no it doesn't need to be entirely scrapped. I enjoy the playstyle significantly more than soulbeast, which I've never been able to click with. I find it's an ok spec, but it could be better. Also, do you mean pvp, wvw, pve, and out of pve do you mean open world, fractals, raids, strikes? It's why having only 2 options (where one is basically THIS ESPEC NEEDS TO BE BURNED TO THE GROUND vs YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISLIKE A PART OF IT is a bad comparison). I don't think there's a single spec in the game that doesn't have shades of things I don't love, even if I understand why they are there.

I agree as well i did vote but i feel for pve the spec needs slight work i rather took well to untamed given i have aspergers and its so close to core ranger to grow use to. I acknowledge its flaws but i wouldnt main it if it didnt have potential. 

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 1