Best Charr sire?

Alexander.5796

Which of the Charr personal storylines was your favorite? I have played through them all and enjoyed them but Sorcerous Shaman was my favorite, I felt like the interactions between the player and Clement felt natural and evolved through the story. Honorless Gladium might be the more conected to the story but the characters remained the same all through the story and it peeved me a bit that the game just assumed Rytlock was the main tribune you answered to.

Honorable Soldier was fun but nothing much happened.

This is my take, what about yours? 

I've only played honorless gladium but I have read about the other two options.

I personally enjoyed the honorless storyline.  It delves into a theme that the rest of the game slowly explores which is how dysfunctional the Charr hierarchy of loyalty is - loyalty to all Charr, then legion, then warband starts to break down when the warband becomes the only family you have and your only source of honor.  It's very easy to see how loyalty to warband starts taking priority over everything.  It also explored the lack of real familial ties and puts a question mark on how healthy that is.

It also offered one of the more difficult and interesting choices imo - fight and kill your father to grant him a honorable end or help him escape, which technically is treason.

My Charr killed her father but with lots of regret over what could have been - she ended up projecting her need for a father figure on Forgal....we all know how that turns out

• Like 3

That’s all well and good and a nice way of seeing it and I agree with the part about the family structure. That being said the arc for me seemed to not be a touching one in how relation with your sire develops, you always want him alive and the only choice to have a real subversion or arc is to kill him, but that in my eyes doesn’t fit given past dialogue instances.

To me it never felt that Vallus was in the wrong at any time. And he does have a genuine relation beyond ordinary Charr with the Hero.

Another thing that bothered me is that it assumed Rytlock as your Tribune rather than have him talk to Bhuer or Torga to borrow you for a while (You can rationalize this one bit of course)

I personally felt that Shaman was more impactful for main character without stirring it one side and the relation with your sire is not one you wanna fix or help him immediately. Your character hates Clement at the start and there is some natural development.

Just my personal take and I appreciate yours.