Rifle burst have 1 shot, but Blunderburst will got 2 amo, what do you think?

Noah Salazar.5430

I don't like 2 shot AA, feels slow even with quickness

lets go for compromise, and make it 1 hip shot, but insted give us 2 ammo on blunderbuss, and increst cd from 6s->8s ( 0-1s cd between use)

it will make it bit easier to balance as whole weapon, when blunderbuss will be it's core dmg source 

Blunderbuss wuld also get explosive category (insted of that rifle burst granade skill)

I wuld also decrest cd from jump shot from 18s -> to 16s in pve only, to theme rifle as burst weapon after that change,  also to make it easier to syneergy with Blunderbuss cd

rifle will be easier to mix while swaping kits to utilize most dmg after that change, racher then focuing on it's AA

edit.

I think you misunderstund me

by 1 shot aa, i was not meant to nerf it, racher to merge dmg from 2 shots into one

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 5

• Noah Salazar.5430 changed the title to Rifle burst have 1 shot, but Blunderburst will got 2 amo, what do you think?

One of 2 things will happen if you nerf rifle AA any more:

1. Everyone who is in any way serious about playing power mech will start spamming grenade kit 1 instead of AAs, which will make this build even more annoying than it already is after the last "balance" patch.

2. People switch to playing mace, which will make any other changes to rifle completely irrelevant.

Power mech has already been overnerfed and is absolute garbage tier DPS. Making it garbage and (even more) annoying to play is overkill.

They should instead remove the mech hugging mechanic and fix signets so that they don't go on cooldown with no effect or trigger around the mech when it's already flying away.

Edited by Sindust.7059
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's just false

Except it's not. It has worse benchmark damage than most supports, and the latest changes also made it very annoying to play and more difficult to even deliver that pathetic damage. Now snowcrows neither lists it in their benchmarks nor in the "viable" nor even in the "beginner" lists for the engi builds. The only people who think power mech is still any good are living in the past. Or they know that it's bad, but they hate it, so they keep saying it's good to make sure ANet doesn't get any ideas to actually make it viable again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Except it's not. It has worse benchmark damage than most supports,

lol, sure. Which -"most"- ones? What dps do you think it has and should have in actual encounters?

6 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

The only people who think power mech is still any good are living in the past. Or they know that it's bad, but they hate it, so they keep saying it's good to make sure ANet doesn't get any ideas to actually make it viable again.

What do you think "good" means here exactly? As for "not playing it", right now you look like the one who's not playing it and yet tries talking about it, since the claim about it "not being viable" is completely ridiculous. . 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Power quick herald, quick berserker, quick harbinger, quick cata, quick FB, alac untamed.

You missed the rest of the post (granted, it was edited in while you were responding I guess, so not saying it was intentional, but go back to it and give a full response instead of randomly listing builds that shows nothing)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You missed the rest of the post (granted, it was edited in while you were responding I guess, so not saying it was intentional, but go back to it and give a full response instead of randomly listing builds that shows nothing 🤔)

Yes, you did edit it while I was writing, but it still answers one of your questions, doesn't it? If it's not what you wanted to know, and you don't think it shows anything, you shouldn't have asked for it.

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What dps do you think it has and should have in actual encounters?

Now, in my raid static the only guy who comes with the power mech on occasion any more ends up being beaten by the quick FB half the time. And it should do the same as before the last "balance" patch. It was already in the bottom bracket of viable DPS, but because it was easy to deliver that DPS on, it ended up being about average in encounters.

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you think "good" means here exactly?

In that particular instance you quoted, being about average or better compared to other DPS builds.

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As for "not playing it", right now you look like the one who's not playing it and yet tries talking about it, since the claim about it "not being viable" is completely ridiculous. . 

I never said anything about "not playing it", but sure, let's address it too, since you so vehemently insist...

I still took it to raids for the first 2 or 3 weeks after the latest changes, which is when I found out that it sucks and started looking for other builds to play that I might enjoy. I still occasionally take the pMech to fractals just to get disappointed by the results. I'm doing much MUCH better with power soulbeast right now, and power SB is currently pretty average in comparison to other classes, and is even worse in my hands (my personal benchmark on pSB right now is 32k).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

One of 2 things will happen if you nerf rifle AA any more:

1. Everyone who is in any way serious about playing power mech will start spamming grenade kit 1 instead of AAs, which will make this build even more annoying than it already is after the last "balance" patch.

2. People switch to playing mace, which will make any other changes to rifle completely irrelevant.

Power mech has already been overnerfed and is absolute garbage tier DPS. Making it garbage and (even more) annoying to play is overkill.

They should instead remove the mech hugging mechanic and fix signets so that they don't go on cooldown with no effect or trigger around the mech when it's already flying away.

@Sindust.7059

by 1 shot aa, i was not meant to nerf it, racher to merge dmg from 2 shots into one

so if curent dmg is 190+253, it wuld be 374(0.6) per shot

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, just listing supports that don't have higher actual dps while claiming it's higher is not a response, it's just listing random builds with no substance behind it.

Power mech benchmark is 31k. The builds I listed are all above that. Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"that one guy beaten by that one other guy from your one specific static" is not responding the question at all.

This was personal experience, in addition to the hard numbers. Every time I give empirical data, you are going "hurr durr, you no play, you no know" and when I give you personal experience you go "hurr durr, anecdotal, giff data". Also not like you're giving any data to prove your point, you're just attacking me for no good reason.

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Huh, see, that's just a blatant lie. If mechanist was "barely viable", it wouldn't be spammed in every corner of the game at the time. It was easly way more than viable while being stupidly easy.

I literally said it was average in actual encounters, not "barely viable". And popularity is not an argument, because mech was overpowered during the patch just prior to that, and was still viable at the time, so people who switched to it while it was OP felt no need to switch to anything else unless they were chasing speed runs. But the popularity still significantly declined, because people who did care about numbers started using something else, since average isn't good enough for them. And the other drop you see for the november patch is basically the reduction of the mech population to HAMs, power alac and condi DPS. I don't think there are many raid groups without mech supports at all right now, and that alone would be enough to explain the current 19% representation in current patch. I'd be willing to bet that there are more HAMs around now than there are power mechs. It's certainly true of my guild.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that's what it is. Still no numbers throughout the whole post, eh? Almost as if you don't really know what you're talking about because you dropped it immediately and just dafault into random "it's totally not viable" claim which is simply not true. Funnily enough you're then accusing others of "not playing it". 🙄

What the kitten do you expect?! Should I make a table for you for every boss fight and tell you the number that I want to see on each of these bosses?? There is no one number unless you're talking about a standardized test, like the golem benchmark. But if I give you that, you will reject it for being "not representative of actual fights", which you already have multiple times in just this one thread. If you think that there is this one number, that would be unequivical proof that you not only do not play mech, but do not play gw2 at all.

Since you want numbers, fine, this is the benchmark I would want to see, and don't complain about "actual fights" after forcing me: 32-33k if they revert the mech hugging mechanic (putting it at about where it was in october patch), 35-38k if they don't, because the rotation needed to achieve top numbers is on par with virtuoso or soulbeast in complexity, and staying away from the mech or having it die would be the same level of penalty as not flanking on soulbeast. And at 38k they would all be on the same level (meaning at "35-38k" I'd be fine with mech being worse than the other two, just not by whole 7k as it is now).

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you're still -lets be honest here, easly, not just somehow struggling to get by- completing that content with it and yet... you keep repaeting it's so not viable and "people don't want it viable". Again: sure.

Dude, you can complete all content "easily" by running a group of core guardians, eles and engis as DPS supported by core alac rangers and core quick warriors. That doesn't mean that any of these builds are viable when all the other existing builds are taken into account. With the performance you can expect from them you would basically be griefing your group. And the same is true with the current power mech. I really wouldn't be surprised if core guardian actually outperforms power mech right now considering how good it was historically.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

@Sindust.7059

so if curent dmg is 190+253, it wuld be 374(0.6) per shot

Then I don't see the point in changing it at all. The single shot certainly wouldn't make rifle feel any better. The triple shot was the most fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Power mech benchmark is 31k. The builds I listed are all above that. Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

This was personal experience, in addition to the hard numbers. Every time I give empirical data, you are going "hurr durr, you no play, you no know" and when I give you personal experience you go "hurr durr, anecdotal, giff data". Also not like you're giving any data to prove your point, you're just attacking me for no good reason.

Addition to hard numbers? What are you on about? You didn't list any numbers in your previous posts, I repeatedly asked for numbers because you kept talking in as vague terms as possible (not good! not viable!), so "hurr durr" all you want now while you actively create an alternative history.

I literally said it was average in actual encounters, not "barely viable". And popularity is not an argument, because mech was overpowered during the patch just prior to that, and was still viable at the time, so people who switched to it while it was OP felt no need to switch to anything else unless they were chasing speed runs. But the popularity still significantly declined, because people who did care about numbers started using something else, since average isn't good enough for them. And the other drop you see for the november patch is basically the reduction of the mech population to HAMs, power alac and condi DPS. I don't think there are many raid groups without mech supports at all right now, and that alone would be enough to explain the current 19% representation in current patch. I'd be willing to bet that there are more HAMs around now than there are power mechs. It's certainly true of my guild.

"It was already in the bottom bracket of viable DPS" -apparently literally writing "bottom bracket of viable dps" somehow isn't saying it was "barely viable dps"? Riiight...

The only reason you're willing to bet that is because you expect everyone to play like your static (or not even yours, but just some static?), I guess. Which... you know, people just don't.

What the kitten do you expect?! Should I make a table for you for every boss fight and tell you the number that I want to see on each of these bosses?? There is no one number unless you're talking about a standardized test, like the golem benchmark. But if I give you that, you will reject it for being "not representative of actual fights", which you already have multiple times in just this one thread. If you think that there is this one number, that would be unequivical proof that you not only do not play mech, but do not play gw2 at all.

Since you want numbers, fine, this is the benchmark I would want to see, and don't complain about "actual fights" after forcing me: 32-33k if they revert the mech hugging mechanic (putting it at about where it was in october patch), 35-38k if they don't, because the rotation needed to achieve top numbers is on par with virtuoso or soulbeast in complexity, and staying away from the mech or having it die would be the same level of penalty as not flanking on soulbeast. And at 38k they would all be on the same level (meaning at "35-38k" I'd be fine with mech being worse than the other two, just not by whole 7k as it is now).

Are you seriously trying to say 32-38k in actual fights is what "being viable" means? Seems rather out of touch with this content and the meaning of the word "viable" (which power mech currently easly is). And no, that's not supposed to be some edge take where "viable" means "just barely being able to complete the content", not even close.

Dude, you can complete all content "easily" by running a group of core guardians, eles and engis as DPS supported by core alac rangers and core quick warriors. That doesn't mean that any of these builds are viable when all the other existing builds are taken into account. With the performance you can expect from them you would basically be griefing your group. And the same is true with the current power mech. I really wouldn't be surprised if core guardian actually outperforms power mech right now considering how good it was historically.

What does "[whatever] outperforming mech" has to do with anything said here? (and in many cases it surely won't if only because it's melee)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Obviously you're not reading what you're replying to, so I will stop here. Good luck.

I do understand what I read, the question from the start was this: "What dps do you think it has and should have in actual encounters?" -if you're responding with benchmark numbers, you're not responding to anything. Yes, I know different encounters will come up with different numbers, so give me 2-3 outside of the typical "dps golem" MO/Cairne ones. You not responding to the asked questions and constantly overly focusing on golem benchmarks for no reason (because at this point we should be pretty sure just benchmark numbers isn't what anet balances around -and that's actally good) doesn't make me "not read what I'm replying to".

I mean when you write something like this:

On 1/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Sindust.7059 said:

Now, in my raid static the only guy who comes with the power mech on occasion any more ends up being beaten by the quick FB half the time.

one would think you have some actual numbers from actual encounters to make these comparisons. And no, this is not about making this into some greatsword measuring contest, it's about having an actual realistic point of reference for a discussion. But if you're seriously complaining about balance because golem benchmark numbers then yeah, good luck to you too.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3