The old topic: rework Pistols

mov.1246

The old topic again, my ideas to buff pistols. I like how rifle works now, but pistols feels outdated and could need some fresh air.

#1: I would make the autoattack to a skill that fires quick shots to stack up high amount of bleed in a short time. The tool tip now shows a half second cast time but the after cast makes it a lot slower. My Ideas:

• - cast time halfed

• - explosion tag (to work with explosive traits)

• - explosion on target causes aoe bleed (now it just bleeds the main target)

• - bleed duration reduced by 25% to balance

#2: I never liked that it is a single target skill. It should fire 5 projectiles that explodes at the target and deal aoe damage and poison.

• direct damage and poison now on a 180 explosion radius instead a single target skill

• - up to 5 targets

• - explosion tag (to work with explosive traits)

• - cast time reduced by a half second

#3: 3 Stacks confusion seems a bit weak and outdated, even that it has no cast time. Increase confusion to 5 stacks (pve only)

#4: increase cone angle (to size of blunderbuss)

• - up to 5 targets

• - range reduced by 100 to balance

#5: reworked skill: instead of a glue shot it is now a oil shot. It will work like slick shoes, shoot a glob of oil that creates a puddle that knocks down foes (strong skill for cc bars)

• - puddle duration 3 sec

• - knock down 2 sec

• - only once per target

• - 3 targets

• - radius reduced to 180 to balance

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Limbo.4087 said:

I think explosion no needed, in my opinion pistols need more synergy with firearms, alchemy or inventions

Disagreed, I believe that every mainhand weapon for engineer should always come with at least one skill that has the explosion tag

(sword is the exception, because it comes with the photon forge, which has a "free" explosion tag on corona burst)

It's a similar situation to stuff like every mesmer weapon set having a phantasm available or every guardian weapon set including a symbol. This stuff allows them to use their trait system fully, no matter what weapon they chose to go with.

The addition of explosion tags for rifle, mace and hammer on the engineer specs was a great step forward to allow us to use the explosion trait line effectively, without being shackled to the "explosive kits" (grenades, bombs, mortar).

Pistol would greatly benefit from this change as well and going forward, every new elite spec weapon should either also include at least one explosion tag in the kit or come with a class mechanic that gives that explosion tag instead (like the situation with sword not needing it because of photon forge).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mov.1246 said:

cast time halfed

Or fix the aftercast of the skill, so it doesn't take like 0.8 seconds to active, instead of the 0.5. These changes are something, that I've seen a lot of people asking for, in the past, I would welcome them. 👍

If #1 gets explosives, this skill shouldn't. If #1 doesn't get, this one should. These changes would be a nice upgrade.

Fun fact: this skill not having a cast time was a bug (for years), and got fixed. This skill now has a 0.5 seconds cast time. I think this skill is the best skill on the main hand pistol, so it wouldn't need much love, if they decided to buff mainhand pistol.

Yes, make this more reliable. This skill hits like a truck, if it lands... which it often doesn't, even on still opponents.

I agree, that this skill really needs something more. Either make it a hard CC, like you suggested, or make it a stronger soft CC.

2 hours ago, Limbo.4087 said:

I think explosion no needed, in my opinion pistols need more synergy with firearms, alchemy or inventions

In my oppinion, every weapon set should have acces to one explosive skill, same as how Guardian has a symbol on every weaponset, or Mesmer has a clone and a phantasm on every set. Pistol/X, and Sword/X are the only weapons, that do not have acces to it, but since sword users have access to Holoforge, they have access to one there.

1 minute ago, wasss.1208 said:

In my oppinion, every weapon set should have acces to one explosive skill, same as how Guardian has a symbol on every weaponset, or Mesmer has a clone and a phantasm on every set. Pistol/X, and Sword/X are the only weapons, that do not have acces to it, but since sword users have access to Holoforge, they have access to one there.

kitten, we are so in sync. Wait, are you my evil clone who escaped the lab some years ago?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Limbo.4087 said:

I think it would be cool to proc alchemy traits.

The only thing I could think of would be to change existing traits and skills or make it a "kit" to proc backpack regenerator which would be extremely unthematic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I think it would be cool to proc alchemy traits.

The only thing I could think of would be to change existing traits and skills or make it a "kit" to proc backpack regenerator which would be extremely unthematic.

Another method would be to add the elixir tag to some skills, like poison dart volley or glue shot. Would at least give synergy with HGH then.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Limbo.4087 said:

At this moment, I don't really see, how they could make it more synergetic with Firearms or Inventions. For Firearms, they could add some small burning somewhere, to make it more consistent with Thermal Vision maybe?
For Inventions, I'm drawing a blank. This traitline is so "meh", that it has seriously nothing going for it. Maybe self regen on some skill, so it can use Energy Amplifier better? Healer Scrapper could definitely use that.
For Alchemy, others already said, that add Elixir tag, to some skills. While I like the idea, HGH is already impacting the most amount of skills, amongst any utility boosting trait, and already a must pick in PvP, because of this.

15 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

kitten, we are so in sync. Wait, are you my evil clone who escaped the lab some years ago?

No way, they told me in the cloning lab, that I'm one of a kind clone. And if I were your evil alterego, I would shout for pistol nerfs, like I'm "who shall not be named" or something.

• Haha 1