WvW Weekly Achievements Feedback

Spiral.3724

1 hour ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I did the weeklies on 2 accounts yesterday since I can only play on weekends now for the most part; I'd only planned on doing one account but whatever. 

Anyway, it took me roughly 5 hours per, or to the end of gold chest to get all cheeves on both accounts.  I  spanned it out alittle on the second account since its lower ranked and not as well geared, so that one took close to 7 hours. 

The thing that held me up the most was the keeps, as the 2 leading teams were protecting each others interests, which is usually the case, but seems so much worse with the introduction of weeklies.

I won't complain, because it does seem to have breathed life back into the mode, but I could see how it would be hard for those with time issues,  certain learned playstyles and those newer to the mode.

Took me about the same, 5 hours on each, one account didn't get smc done cause mag, other account didn't get keeps done cause was mostly on home bl and we were actually defending them. I could log on today and maybe get the 2 keeps left but meh.

After doing both, I do get a small reminder from which area the tournament burnout came from though.......

They should make the wvw achievement repeatable.

Also they could change it so it's like the dungeon paths achievement (where it won't reset until you finish it/get credit).

I agree just capturing things shouldn't dominate the achievements. Defending something would be a nice variation.

• Like 1

It would be good if defending objectives were included in the weekly achievements, either as a separate one or incorporated into the others, for example: capture or defend 15 camps, or defend 5 objectives.

Also, for those who roam, adding one for flipping sentries would be nice, maybe 20 of them for example.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:01 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

2. What is also happening is groups are just flipping objectives back and forth to get the weeklies done. We'll take bay while they take hills, then switch! It would be nice to add another achievement to defend a certain number of objectives. This could be something the roamers could do and it would reward people for NOT letting the objectives all just flip over and over.

See you on the battlefield!

Heya Spiral :)

The weekly system probably needs an optional Defend Event to the Capture achievements (but not a separate achievement). It should keep dinging the same single capture achievement, or ppl will start doing both the 2 different achievements and the same keep-flipping problem arises yet again. Funky boolean algebra :D

Could be done like this --> : "Successfully (Capture 5) or (Defend 10) Keep Events" (or a mix of both)

("1 keep capture = 2 keep defense" might work, for backend achievement tracking).

• Like 1