Defense-Weeklies: Is it easier to defend a keep or a tower?

Dayra.7405

While it's clear for attack, flipping a keep is harder than flipping a tower, I think the opposite is true for defense. (it flips faster, so it's more difficult to be there in time, also as there are much more towers, it's harder to be close to the one the attacker chooses.) You also easily get 2 or more defense events during 1 keep attack, while you sometimes not even finish 1 during a tower attack.

But if it is harder to defend a tower than a keep, shouldn't the numbers for the weekly be the other way around, i.e. def 3 towers and 8 keeps or equal, e.g. both 5?

I think I participated in over 5 keep defense, while I was only part of 2 tower defenses since tuesday.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

While it's clear for attack, flipping a keep is harder than flipping a tower, I think the opposite is true for defense. (it flips faster, so it's more difficult to be there in time, also as there are much more towers, it's harder to be close to the one the attacker chooses.) You also easily get 2 or more defense events during 1 keep attack, while you sometimes not even finish 1 during a tower attack.

Flipping a keep vs a tower really depends on how many tiers they have and how many people you are vs how many opponents you have. You can't really say that one is easier than the other.

But if it is harder to defend a tower than a keep, shouldn't the numbers for the weekly be the other way around, i.e. def 3 towers and 8 keeps or equal, e.g. both 5?

Considering the previous, this is not a given.

I think I participated in over 5 keep defense, while I was only part of 2 tower defenses since tuesday.

The reason for that is because it's much more rewarding now with the new rewards to cap a keep rather than a tower. So the focus is on keeps now and towers are much less interesting now. That, however, could be a reason to adjust the numbers. All in all though, I've not had any problem with defending 8 towers in a week. I think it took 2-3 days for me.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Flipping a keep vs a tower really depends on how many tiers they have and how many people you are vs how many opponents you have. You can't really say that one is easier than the other.

To compare it, of course compare the same tier and with the same amount of people on both sides.

Or simply: keep has 2 walls and a harder lord, while tower has only 1 wall and the weaker lord.

3 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

To compare it, of course compare the same tier and with the same amount of people on both sides.

Or simply: keep has 2 walls and a harder lord, while tower has only 1 wall and the weaker lord.

Sure but that's a theoretical situation and I speak of the realistic situation. The point is that you should get rewarded for what actually is harder and now what is harder on paper. At least that's how I see it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1