Gem Store armor sets not on sale? (March Sale 2023)

7 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the blogpost reads "March 28–31: 30% Off Unique Armor Skins" i understand that as Standalone armor pieces and not armor sets

While I understand this and also thought about this to be the solution, I still think that the way they formulated it is rather unfortunate.

However, the support replied to my request and states that it is truly intended:

"Hello,
 Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support team.

About your inquiry, it's intended that some items are currently not on sale. Therefore, if the item does not have a discount, this means that it's not included in the sale. We hope this clarifies your query.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, feel free to let us know."

So, we have to pay full prize (and wait for the rotation in the first place 😞)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MaikHaensel.8059 said:

While I understand this and also thought about this to be the solution, I still think that the way they formulated it is rather unfortunate.

However, the support replied to my request and states that it is truly intended:

"Hello,
 Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support team.

About your inquiry, it's intended that some items are currently not on sale. Therefore, if the item does not have a discount, this means that it's not included in the sale. We hope this clarifies your query.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, feel free to let us know."

So, we have to pay full prize (and wait for the rotation in the first place 😞)

Yeah, I don't agree with Parasite.5389's understanding. If I wanted to communicate it that way, I'd say "individual" not "unique"; all individual pieces within the armor sets are "unique", too. There are similar disappointed posts on Reddit. Hopefully ArenaNet does a follow-up sale with these armor sets soon.

Thanks for getting an official response, too.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Misoru.3975 said:

Anyone else surprised that none of the Gem Store armor sets are on sale (e.g., Trickster's, Aetherblade, etc.)? I figured they'd be on sale like all the other armor sets and was going to buy some gems for a couple.

I expected the armor sets to be one sale and had set aside enough gems to pick up 3 of them. Kind of disappointed with it, but it is what it is I suppose.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I expected the armor sets to be one sale and had set aside enough gems to pick up 3 of them. Kind of disappointed with it, but it is what it is I suppose.

Total bummer, I'm learning not to buy gems ahead of time.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Misoru.3975 said:

Yeah, I don't agree with Parasite.5389's understanding. If I wanted to communicate it that way, I'd say "individual" not "unique"; all individual pieces within the armor sets are "unique", too. There are similar disappointed posts on Reddit. Hopefully ArenaNet does a follow-up sale with these armor sets soon.

Thanks for getting an official response, too.

By that reasoning all the set pieces are individual aswell mate.

Unique is one of a kind not set of a kind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1