Suggestion: Add more pve daily content and make it faster to complete

On 4/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

hey not everyone has time to do a ton of stuff in game every day. I've got kids and a job and all that, if I can get on and do the pvp daily in one go that's great, but if it takes me like 4-5 matches I get a little pissed. I guess my fault for not realizing I could do a combo of pvp and pve.

People always use the “I have kids and a job” excuse while there are plenty of other people with both that do just fine. 

• Like 6

There is a slight misconception related to the post on the previous page ... where the stuff from PvE/WvW dailies got compared to gold: Not everyone is selling those things. People might have to put in differen time sto look for buyesrs. Yes: If you use it your yourselfs it saves you the money to buy it (if donating to an own guild maybe). So we can take the gold value. Still makes sense here.

More important is the "fun" aspect of different activities though - in my opinion. Not everyone sees the game purely as a kind of work - where they need to optimize the time spend to get the best gold gain per hour. (Even if it would mena to to less fun stuff.) Personally I can't bother myself to do gathering. Even with some guide and if this would give more gold than other stuff .... I would not do it longer than a few mins maybe.

The "utilty" here must be different for each individual player. Do I want to do something that gives more gold per hour but is a lot less fun? It depends on how much more gold per hour compared to another activity. Also on how the fun is different (if it is a lot more boring for me ... or only a little bit).

Having a lot of one thing ... makes the next unit worth a bit less. Adding a bit more fun ... could mean a lot if I come from an daily routine where I almost had no fun. I'd even change towards a bit more fun if it would mean a lot less gold per hour.

Also switching between farming (doing boring stuff for hours) and relaxing stuff - is possible. (Instead of permanently doing something else every few minutes.) The PvE dailies are a bit relaxing imo - take you to new maps. Giving a bit interaction with other players (especially if doing the jp manually without mesmer portal). PvP ... I just like PvP a bit and WvW is boring most of the time. So just playing one match ... feels not like a big deal. Don't even play it for the dailies. (Trynig hard to get a win when in a loss streak - just to get the daily for the win done for the potion ... not a good idea though imo.)

Then of course there might be stuff that is limited. Even when comparing gold per hour. (Like with the home instance. Can farm it once. Then need to wait for reset. So it can only be compared once against other stuff.)

Edited by Luthan.5236