"Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error" (Error Code: 3044:1030:9:553)

@Everyone there is a workaround for this issue (source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-usecoherent)

Windows via shortcut

You can execute switches directly from your Guild Wars 2 shortcut:

1. Right click on your Guild Wars 2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
  2. In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars 2 executable file:
    ...\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe
  3. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space:
    "...\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -usecoherent

The "-usecoherent" is the right flag, so your final command should look something like this:

PS C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2> .\Gw2-64.exe -usecoherent

For additional infor check https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128885-chromium-embedded-framework-host-for-guild-wars-2-stopped-to-work-merged/?do=findComment&comment=1884404

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

Title. Since yesterday i cannot even log into the launcher anymore because everytime i enter my password and then the email verification code i instantly get the error that the connection failed. Version is ofc the newest one (atm it is 144604) and again the errorcode display is 3044:1030:6:339

Edit: -usecoherent command fixed the issue. I saw a request for help with a similar errorcode (Error Code: 3044:1030:9:553) and everyone had the same problems as i had so i gave it a try and it worked. Chromium Embedded Framework seems to be the problem here.

Edited by Ferus.3165

Hey maybe this will help yu as it helped me. After i deleted SMS- Authentificator and got my code by Email i could log in multiple times and everything worked fine. So maybe this help yu too? Hope so i dont know why but like i said I deleted SMS Authentificator and got my log in code from Email and that worked.

• Sad 1

Hi all,

Apparently there are 2 solutions for this issue (i tested on my machine an it worked).

So if you get your SMS auth login token dont write it directly on the GW2 launcher, write on notepad and copy paste it to GW2 launcher, for some reason it gets recognized and works....

Also possible to write the auth code direclty on GW2 launcher, but dont press enter to submit it, use your mouse to click on "Submit"

(source:

BR

Edited by ShaolinX.3849
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This error code is different from the one others have been posting about.

I have a friend who is getting this error code with "Connection failed. Please try again." and he does NOT have 2FA set up.  For now he's using -usecoherent to play.

On a Win10 system that's only a few months old.  He's going to try some typical troubleshooting later like running -repair, deleting the cache, re-installing.  Of possible note, he's in a South American country using Spanish for Windows and English for GW2.

Edited by Chaba.5410

2 hours ago, ShaolinX.3849 said:

Hi all,

Apparently there are 2 solutions for this issue (i tested on my machine an it worked).

So if you get your SMS auth login token dont write it directly on the GW2 launcher, write on notepad and copy paste it to GW2 launcher, for some reason it gets recognized and works....

Also possible to write the auth code direclty on GW2 launcher, but dont press enter to submit it, use your mouse to click on "Submit"

(source:

BR

Why this work, i don't know. But it work.

• Sad 1

On 4/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

This error code is different from the one others have been posting about.

I have a friend who is getting this error code with "Connection failed. Please try again." and he does NOT have 2FA set up.  For now he's using -usecoherent to play.

On a Win10 system that's only a few months old.  He's going to try some typical troubleshooting later like running -repair, deleting the cache, re-installing.  Of possible note, he's in a South American country using Spanish for Windows and English for GW2.

Same I'm getting "Connection error(s) detected.  Retrying..."  it's just stuck with the little splash installer.  Here's an image of it in the following link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nqqQySfqBCmu7PKR6

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1