Can we please increase animation speed of ambush skills?

Arheundel.6451

Maybe we can reduce the animation cast time of ambush skills from 3/4 to 1/4, it would make life easier when facing other power creep mobility meta. I am used already to timing skills on Ranger. Still, playing other professions I can't help but notice that ranger gets treated with unnecessary caution when other professions enjoy a faster APM while still maintaining an easiness of access overall.

A 1/4 cast animation would not break the balance, or make Untamed much easier to play...but it would make it fairer to use.

-Multishoot

-Savage Slash

-Toxic Shot

Have too much of a wind-up even before the animation starts, it's like a whole 3/4s channelling on top of the animation that takes another 3/4s to finally release and hit that target (assuming  the attack does not get reflected/block when you get the wrong the timing)

Edited by Arheundel.6451

Multishot is the same as longbow AA, so at least it's consistent. Savage slash is basically even harder hitting Maul, so probably not touching this one. Totally fine with changing Toxic shot since it's easily the worst one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Multishot is the same as longbow AA, so at least it's consistent. Savage slash is basically even harder hitting Maul, so probably not touching this one. Totally fine with changing Toxic shot since it's easily the worst one.

It should be 3 shots around the target, not ground targeted. It's really annoying to use, and would probably be fine if it was just not ground targeted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Agree I'd say, I could live if at least they'd remove the ground targeting from Toxic Shot, it's literally the 2nd source of torment for ranger and it'd be great to see it improved. Definitely ok for Pve but too hard to hit anything in PvP with it, too hard if not impossible when you have literally fractions of seconds to react

• Like 2