Berserker and some unknown cooldowns

Crystal Paladin.3871

Sometimes after I enter berserk mode and even with full adrenaline and active berserk mode, i notice some form of cooldown on berserk decapitate and arcdivider and I have to either wait or use fillers... Is it a bug? Or am I missing something?

This part might not be relevant to the topic but when I get downed during berserk and rezzed or rallied, i see 2 buttons near the berserk buttons instead of one. Same happens if I mount and unmount during berserk

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Sometimes after I enter berserk mode and even with full adrenaline and active berserk mode, i notice some form of cooldown on berserk decapitate and arcdivider and I have to either wait or use fillers... Is it a bug? Or am I missing something?

its possible you've used your normal burst and its still on cooldown before you entered berserk mode, primal burst and normal burst share a cooldown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

its possible you've used your normal burst and its still on cooldown before you entered berserk mode, primal burst and normal burst share a cooldown.

Well that is kind of stupid. Though I imagine that is a system constraint or deep enough that it is a severe hassle to fix?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Well that is kind of stupid. Though I imagine that is a system constraint or deep enough that it is a severe hassle to fix?

yea it's stupid because primal burst is treated as the same skill as core burst skill

and not an entire new skill.

it just swapped effect when you enter berserk mode

so if it was previously on cooldown, it is still on cooldown when you swap the effect via berserk.

but i guess they can easily add a line that resets the burst's cooldown when entering/existing berserk to simulate having 2 separate skills.

people always question this and think you simply get new skills when you berserk, with the way they presented it.

in the end, berserk is just a damage buff and berserker's gameplay is closer to core warrior then we realized.

no wonder people shift away from warrior, when you have 2 elite specs that play the same as core.

if you watching this anet, you solve this by adding more unique mechanics, not deleting the core burst mechanic like you did with berserker(which got reverted because it was so bad) and now to bladesworn

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, eXruina.4956 said:

No, I checked it a few times... Even when I haven't used the normal burst, the berserker mode burst has some kind of cooldown even if I have 100% adrenaline... Happens more often on arcdivider and less often on decapitate.. the cooldown is not a lengthy one... It's more like 1 ~ 1.5 secs

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

No, I checked it a few times... Even when I haven't used the normal burst, the berserker mode burst has some kind of cooldown even if I have 100% adrenaline... Happens more often on arcdivider and less often on decapitate.. the cooldown is not a lengthy one... It's more like 1 ~ 1.5 secs

i see, thank you, i'll pay more attention next time i'm on berserker, see if i can recreate it. 🤔

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1