Congratulations "balance" team, you've put the final nail in the coffin for cFB

Massimoni.9453

I do all types of PvE content, and I think mantras are in a good spot. There is some weight/tradeoff to using last charge and a depth if you want to min max it based on a fight. Looking on a class just through benchmarks is just unrealistic point of view. Let's just take qcFB for example - almost nobody managed to pull that of in fights with sad 5% base crit chance the torch 4 RNG just griefs you. But sure, on golem, full ritualist gear, dps traits and renegade runes work.

What bothers me about the changes it that the reward for cleaving (Permeating Wrath) got nerfed, the reward for swapping weapons and playing something that is not an axe got double nerfed (Unrelenting Criticism trat + aforementioned F1/Permeating Wrath nerfs). It's just straight up garbage changes, I can't call it balance. It did tune down bench numbers with introduction of putrid gameplay.

Meanwhile the scourge of every condi guardian build - torch - remains unchanged, the kitten awful trait Radiant Fire untouched.

Also for Dwayna's sake, don't make a Emobrand of Firebrand, there is Fire in the name, in the lore of the spec, it should do scoriching fire damage... the addition of more bleeds is just so disconnected.

Edited by Antina.5973
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, Antina.5973 said:

I do all types of PvE content, and I think mantras are in a good spot. There is some weight/tradeoff to using last charge and a depth if you want to min max it based on a fight. Looking on a class just through benchmarks is just unrealistic point of view. Let's just take qcFB for example - almost nobody managed to pull that of in fights with sad 5% base crit chance the torch 4 RNG just griefs you. But sure, on golem, full ritualist gear, dps traits and renegade runes work.

What bothers me about the changes it that the reward for cleaving (Permeating Wrath) got nerfed, the reward for swapping weapons and playing something that is not an axe got double nerfed (Unrelenting Criticism trat + aforementioned F1/Permeating Wrath nerfs). It's just straight up garbage changes, I can't call it balance. It did tune down bench numbers with introduction of putrid gameplay.

Meanwhile the scourge of every condi guardian build - torch - remains unchanged, the kitten awful trait Radiant Fire untouched.

Also for Dwayna's sake, don't make a Emobrand of Firebrand, there is Fire in the name, in the lore of the spec, it should do scoriching fire damage... the addition of more bleeds is just so disconnected.

Yeah, while I think a tone-down was warranted, doing it through nerfing the Justice passive procs was not. Cfb should be able to thrive in target-rich environments - that's the sort of distinction between builds that can lead to different builds being preferred for different encounters. It also pushes cfb further into axe because it nerfs the 'multihit power weapon -> more Justice procs -> effective hybrid weapon' interaction that condi guardian is normally based on.

• Like 2