Randomize Mounts does not work as it should (?)

I bought the "Canthan Noble Skyscale Mounts Pack" today. Since I'd like to enjoy all 3 Skyscale skins, I favorited all 3 of them and ticked the box "Randomize Mounts".

But it's not random. I never get the green dragon nor the pink one.

Is this bugged or am I doing/understanding something wrong? Nevertheless, I think it should work exactly like I assumed it would work. What's the point of getting multiple skins for a mount then?

Edited by pie.8526

8 hours ago, pie.8526 said:

I bought the "Canthan Noble Skyscale Mounts Pack" today. Since I'd like to enjoy all 3 Skyscale skins, I favorited all 3 of them and ticked the box "Randomize Mounts".

But it's not random. I never get the green dragon nor the pink one.

Is this bugged or am I doing/understanding something wrong? Nevertheless, I think it should work exactly like I assumed it would work. What's the point of getting multiple skins for a mount then?

People were getting multiple skins for mounts long before they had the randomize feature. The two have little to do with each other. But you're right it should work as you say it should work.

The reasons to have multiple mount skins are the same reason to have multiple outfits or looks. For that matter, I have a ton of characters, they don't all use the same mount skins. Some skins fit some characters better. But yeah, I still think it should work as advertised. Just saying, its far from the only reason to have multiple skins.

• Like 1

just tested by picking 3 random skyscale skins from my collection, adding them as 'favorite' and clicking the randomize feature.

a random skin is picked each time I mount my skyscale, things to note: the dye combination for the mount is shared across all favorited skins for that mount, so if i dye all 4 channels for my skyscale 'Shadow Abyss' all 3 skins will be dyed pitch black and look identical save for particle effects

so chanced are the skins are changing, but because of the dyes you have selected all 3 skins look the same

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 7