"Go for the Gold" Golden Badge #4 is inaccessible

I've been trying to complete this achievement for a while now, and I've followed the wiki, YouTube videos etc., however most of the information is over 3-8 years old. 
The route used to get to Golden Badge 4 is blocked. is there something I'm missing? 

Right after the first checkpoint for the Retrospective Runaround JP there should be a hole in the ground that leads to the path, but the ground is solid and no alternate route. 

please help. .

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I was helping a friend get this achievement and found a post on reddit about this issue someone posted a video of how to get to it 

U have to break out of the map for it and is abit annoying but do able, if u cant do it or dont have a skyscale i parked a character on that spot u can just shoot me a message ingame and i can swap so u can teleport to friend there 🙂 

I am on EU servers so if u are on NA i wont be able to help u out unfortunately 

With the reddit blackout i cant find the video again. 

Edited by Leki.1385
added info
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2023 at 9:54 PM, Leki.1385 said:

I was helping a friend get this achievement and found a post on reddit about this issue someone posted a video of how to get to it 

U have to break out of the map for it and is abit annoying but do able, if u cant do it or dont have a skyscale i parked a character on that spot u can just shoot me a message ingame and i can swap so u can teleport to friend there 🙂

Thank you so much. 
Im gonna park a toon here on NA server for other players also. 

came here after searching out if this is a glitch or not. Looks like everyone's having this issue. I could go for other gold badges (still working through getting 12 of them, since the guide is all wonky) but feels fruitless if #4 is only attainable via glitched map or flying mount, neither of which are options for me atm.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way to get there with just a high vault springer mount and glider.

To the left of the elixer thing just before 1st Milestone, there is a ledge going left (as seen from the ship, so west), same ledge as another badge is on. Follow that ledge left until it stops at a solid wall (so past big rocks). Next to a plank. In the corner there is a small hole in the roof there, jump through with springer high vault, might take a few tries but it is doable.

Once through the hole in the roof go a bit right, walk underneath the chopper. Past the chopper turn left and walk under the gras stuff.  Keep walking to the palm trees southwest. Just past the trees you drop down a bit. Keep walking SE until a bigger drop down. After that drop keep to right and hug wall. You see a bigger drop and tops of chains. Drop down. Turn around and you ll see the same hole as in the videos. Drop down there, glide south towards the badge.

I have an alt at the spot at eu server. Should you need to tp let me know. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ekwueid.3079 said:

To the left of the elixer thing just before 1st Milestone, there is a ledge going left (as seen from the ship, so west), same ledge as another badge is on. Follow that ledge left until it stops at a solid wall (so past big rocks). Next to a plank. In the corner there is a small hole in the roof there, jump through with springer high vault, might take a few tries but it is doable.

Once through the hole in the roof go a bit right, walk underneath the chopper. Past the chopper turn left and walk under the gras stuff.  Keep walking to the palm trees southwest. Just past the trees you drop down a bit. Keep walking SE until a bigger drop down. After that drop keep to right and hug wall. You see a bigger drop and tops of chains. Drop down. Turn around and you ll see the same hole as in the videos. Drop down there, glide south towards the badge.

This worked! Last one I needed for the mastery.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, Ekwueid.3079 said:

Hey, thanks for sharing this! I still have struggle finding the place you mentioned above. Is it possible you can take a screenshot at least pointing out a direction so I can start with? It would be easier to recognize so I can build up from your description. Greatly appreciated in advance!