Wrong Twitch Drop Time on Website

The site says (at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/twitch-drops/) that the What Lies Beneath drop is

"From May 23 at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) to May 28 at 11:59 p.m. (UTC-8), you'll be able to earn in-game rewards for Guild Wars 2 by watching any Twitch channel broadcasting Guild Wars 2."

I was watching Twitch, part way through the final drop, when the promotion abruptly ended at 7:59 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is when GW2's daily reset occurs. That's 3:59 PM UTC-8, not 11:59 PM , so why did the promotion end early? Or why not say that it ends at reset May 28 on the website?

Edited by Tailcoat.6920
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've a similar complaint, tho a bit more serious. I've been logging into GW2 daily for the daily rewards and I keep a close eye on those announcements in the launcher, specifically for Twitch Drops, but the announcement for this Twitch Drop event was not in my launcher until the day after the event had ended. What the fluff? Unfair, to say the least. Please run the event again, and let all players know before it starts, rather than letting some know only after it's ended. =/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seleuf.7541 said:

I've a similar complaint, tho a bit more serious. I've been logging into GW2 daily for the daily rewards and I keep a close eye on those announcements in the launcher, specifically for Twitch Drops, but the announcement for this Twitch Drop event was not in my launcher until the day after the event had ended. What the fluff? Unfair, to say the least. Please run the event again, and let all players know before it starts, rather than letting some know only after it's ended. =/

They did announce it in the 'News Blog'; just didn't give the article its own title.  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-what-lies-within-today/