Central Tyria Mastery Points... ugh.

9 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If it's inconsequential, why is it being done? 

I'll clarify for you. The amount of time a player has to spend doing a task, should match the weight of said task and reward. In this case, it does not. Too much of the player's time is wasted when compared against the task at hand and the end reward. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I'll clarify for you. The amount of time a player has to spend doing a task, should match the weight of said task and reward. In this case, it does not. Too much of the player's time is wasted when compared against the task at hand and the end reward. 

And, as it has already been said, if you think it's not worth your time then don't do it. If you're planning to use the masteries, they're worth getting. If you don't plan to use them, simply skip them and do whatever you want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I don't know.  I guess if you find it hard  to complete the CTM tracks you probably don't need to.  Can't do fractals to get those points?  Then you don't really need to fill Fractal Attunement since you won't be doing fractals anyway.    Then there is the Legendary Crafting.  Probably don't need that either since legendary precursor crafting also involves a fair amount of skill and time that varies depending on the legendary and in my opinion is more time consuming and involved than completing CTM points.   So that leaves Pact Commander, easily the only useful mastery for people that won't do fractals and legendary crafting outside of gen 1,  which requires a total of 19 points.    I think even the most casual of casual PVE players could get 19 points without trying very hard.  Heck 9 points were added later that you just have to go to on a map.  Then like what 8 for personal story completion the first time and another for reaching level 80?   Then go auto attack during a full Tequatl map and you have the 19 you need. 

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I believe the term is called gaslighting, and you are correct....this happens very often here lol. 

Yeah you always have to remember GW 2 has thousand of players. On the official forum maybe around a hundred. On discussion like these 20 individuals. Also a lot of veterans have multiple accounts:). It's called a sampling bias. So the smart move is to move on and let the forum devolve further into an echo chamber.

48 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Too much of the player's time is wasted when compared against the task at hand and the end reward. 

Exactly. Some Points are done by playing the game naturally like story or roaming around the map. Others are some long collection you may not want. Repeating story Step multiple times to gather all achievements' is also a rather artificial way to gather mastery Point.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 5/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, TheOuroborus.6387 said:

Yes, I've read all the farming posts and watched all the yTube videos on it and they all lead to tedious pain and suffering

I'm 99% solo, and only have 9 left for Core Tyria.

Do you need assistance?

• Like 1