Fresh Air Core elementalist/catalyst roaming/duels

Fruit.7624

Hiya!
made another one of these..
Despite the nerfs scepter still feels in a good spot, just hoping anet leave it alone at this point and maybe focus on bigger offenders like wb/harbi
How do you guys feel about current roaming balance?

Fresh air is fun, but cele catalyst is one of the best roamer in wvw. You get to tank hits, can easily do 1vs2+ and still deal a lot of condi and power dmg. Not to mention, you pretty much will have all the boons in combat, and pair that with -dr+ cele stat food, its a bit op.

But, saying that, ele will always have trouble chasing down enemies while something like willbender is able to dish out huge damage, has a ton of blocks, invul and more mobility than a thief. Wb, is definitely the king of roaming atm, hopefully they will whittle away some of the mobility. I have nothing to say about harb as personally I have never had any trouble dealing with them.

Edited by asterix.9614

25 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Fresh air is fun, but cele catalyst is one of the best roamer in wvw. You get to tank hits, can easily do 1vs2+ and still deal a lot of condi and power dmg. Not to mention, you pretty much will have all the boons in combat, and pair that with -dr+ cele stat food, its a bit op.

But, saying that, ele will always have trouble chasing down enemies while something like willbender is able to dish out huge damage, has a ton of blocks, invul and more mobility than a thief. Wb, is definitely the king of roaming atm, hopefully they will whittle away some of the mobility. I have nothing to say about harb as personally I have never had any trouble dealing with them.

If you mean celestial fire hammer cata yeah...its quite strong. But imho classes that rip boons easy do well against it. Imho cele scepter cata is better than hammer, since then you at least have solid range and kite.  And scepter fire 1 autos are just insane.

As for harb it just bodies anything that doesn't have good cleanse options. Unless you can one-shot them their blight sustain is just insane, especially if they play death magic. But luckily they are kiteable, unlike willbender .

Honestly burning needs to be nerfed. In my video I'm full mara pack runes and 3 celestial pieces and I often get like 2k burn ticks after my fire burst. 

Read your original post and it just sounded a lot like, "I like my sc/X fresh air ele, so go look the other way please, Anet, and nerf all the other guys." 

Anyway. I seem to see less core fresh air ele than the weaver + catalyst varieties combined. But everytime I see a fresh air ele of any kind, they are invariably very strong and considered a sizeable threat. 

13 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Ele fungus is probably lamest weapon in game and off hand dagger coolest. If you see ele using fungus you know that he is very desperate.

Focus is just too good man...
Dagger is inarguably much more fun to use...But when you get jumped by 4 people and the only thing that can save you is focus you kind of have a choice to make...

With latest patch aNet seem to want to buff dagger, which is cool...But they need to nerf focus to really be able to equalize them.

5 hours ago, andrewlcl.8176 said:

Read your original post and it just sounded a lot like, "I like my sc/X fresh air ele, so go look the other way please, Anet, and nerf all the other guys." 

This statement is absolutely correct 😄