Very specific request with Rocket boots and the upcoming changes

Cuilan.7091

Well if you are using Rocket Boots you either trying to chase something down or run away from something. 

If it's the former you probably don't even need to dodge because you won't be getting attacked as you land. 

lf it's the latter you just used a skill to get away from what's attacking you, so most of the time you'll be out of their range so again you can wait for the next charge for a couple seconds safety. 

If you want to Rocket yourself into an enemy WvW blob and you want to get out alive as well, you shouldn't do it in the first place. 

Edited by jason.1083

10 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

Well if you are using Rocket Boots you either trying to chase something down or run away from something. 

If it's the former you probably don't even need to dodge because you won't be getting attacked as you land. 

lf it's the latter you just used a skill to get away from what's attacking you, so most of the time you'll be out of their range so again you can wait for the next charge for a couple seconds safety. 

If you want to Rocket yourself into an enemy WvW blob and you want to get out alive as well, you shouldn't do it in the first place. 

Weird hill to die on here dude - it's a net loss that was likely unintentional and this guy is asking for it to be kept. If you've ever been in wvw fight that turned south/massive incoming zerg shows up, that small cd reduction can mean getting away or not. Or any other number of reasons someone might find it useful outside of your golden standard of how rocket boots should be used.

We have a few before patch, it might not seem like a lot, but I recommend try playing with it and without. It is noticeable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxtrot.6902 said:

Weird hill to die on here dude - it's a net loss that was likely unintentional and this guy is asking for it to be kept. If you've ever been in wvw fight that turned south/massive incoming zerg shows up, that small cd reduction can mean getting away or not. Or any other number of reasons someone might find it useful outside of your golden standard of how rocket boots should be used.

We have a few before patch, it might not seem like a lot, but I recommend try playing with it and without. It is noticeable.

I did drive Rocket Boot daily for a couple of years, so I know how they feel, I still wouldn't say that it's really gonna make much of a difference, but whatever it ends up being, let it be. 

• Confused 1

On 6/10/2023 at 2:06 AM, jason.1083 said:

If you want to Rocket yourself into an enemy WvW blob and you want to get out alive as well, you shouldn't do it in the first place. 

This is literally the third most common reason I’m rocking the rocket boots: A.E.D->Rocket Boots [into blob]-> Slick Shoes(-> *when needed* Slick Shoes Toolbelt)->Mortar Kit 4->Rocket Boots [hopefully pointed somewhere without red circles]->Mortar Kit 1-4 behind me while running away. That can usually bait an enemy Zerg into chasing me for a bit while the tag gets to whatever they were thinking about hitting. So, rocket boots are great for trolling. Half a second… yeah, I’m with the ‘weird hill’ guy on that one.  They seem great to me. What I’d so dig on would be if Tool Kit 5 didn’t take so long to cast and it worked in an arc like the necro pull. That would be even more troll-worthy. Or, if they were going to reduce any CD, let it be downstate 3; just lemme get the satisfaction of a good blast before I go. 

edit: the first reason is breaking contact. Second, chasing down willbenders & rangers. 

Edited by SecretSquirrel.1893
  • Like 2