Hybrid chillmancer - fun build.

ugrakarma.9416

Over time, many hibrid builds// spammy condi was nerfed/gutted or made unfun..

playing with build these days i tried running this, to try something different, i find it fun, to me seems decent for PVE, not probably top dps, but not "niche".

Also lots of AOE spam, good if u are tired to deal with pack of mobs.

The perma chill offer also a perma passive CC break bar, the CC control overall with reaper #5, gs #5, chill to the bones + passive chill is just ridiculous.

Its run around spam chill and its all side effects from traits.

The gear is full berserker. 

Rune is rune of grenth + Sigil of Chilling + traits = 90% chill time. the GS #1 provide 4s of chill with this.

The rune of grenth is the only source of condition damage.

not tested in wvw, but in wvw i'm used to run risky glass cannon reaper, i wonder how enemies will react with this spam of side condi and CC.

(wtf imgur is tagging my screenshot as mature content??)

https://imgur.com/a/5miR4AC

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 1

Hi,

Here are my 2 cents for WvW:
Traits:

• Take Path of Corruption instead of Terror? You are a full zerk build so no condi dmg and your only source of fear is Shroud#3 and potentially Staff#5 if it's your 2nd weapon set (which imo is not the best choice on a power reaper build, better take Axe/Focus).
  • Take Reaper Onslaught instead of Deathly Chill? Again, this is not a condi build so bleed is not going to bring much to the fight except maybe condi covering but the benefit of a bleed cover is far from the benefit of additional ferocity and quickness.
  • Decimate Defenses is good but i would be curious to compare it with Chilling Victory, specially because it is triggered multiple times in case of AoE. If taking Chilling Victory, the case can be also made to take Awaken The Pain instead of Chill Of Death for the extra dmg

Skills:

• You have no stun break. You need stun breaks in WvW, specially if you are full zerker in light armor.
  • You also have no mobility skills and you only gap closers are either limited in range (Shroud#2) or can be blocked/dodged (GS#5 or Spectral Grasp). You need mobility in WvW, specially as a melee class.
  • Well of Darkness is OK if the enemy is nice and stays inside it... Surprisingly most are not 😉 and apart if you are fighting melee classes and you manage to bait them into fighting you inside the well, it is not that effective. I would take Spectral Walk instead as it offer both mobility and stun break, plus the recall is awesome and it's a cleanse as well (this is one of your absolute go-to skill in WvW as Necro).
  • "Suffer!" is good but you'll have enough sources of chill to take Summon Flesh Worm instead. Again: mobility and stunbreak (if you remember to pre-cast it before you need it 😄)

Gear:

• Rune of Grenth is not useful: most classes have enough cleanses that the extra duration is rendered useless, plus between all your skills droping chill and Chilling Nova you'll be generating enough chill on a constant basis that extra duration is not needed. I would take Rune of Firework for more damage and improved chill generation (through the synergy between Fury and Chilling Nova or maybe Rune of Speed for more HP (and so LF) and upgraded mobility.
  • Same thought for Sigil of Chilling. I would use instead something like: for GS, Sigil of Hydromancy for chilling all around you at weapon swap + Sigil of Quickness (you can also use Sigil of Mischief for extra chill/blind0 and for Axe/Focus, Sigil of Energy + Sigil of Cleansing (these two are essential in WvW for extra cleanse and dodges, and it's better to take them on your "range" set rather than your "melee" one).

Food & Utilities

• Ghost Pepper Popper & Potent Superior Sharpening Stone

that's giving you something like that: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lVwsYesNWJOOLbNfA-zVIYRU/fKZKC6UB0rQIaJginF2NjAA-w

It's not perfect but I think it's a good start.

Remember that Testing a build in PvE and in WvW will give you different outcomes, except if you are fighting players with the IQ of a potted plant (there's enough of them for sure) but if you come against a half-decent player things will become very interesting for you very quickly (but only for a short duration too), so always go for dynamic fight rather than static like in PvE, and to pack some utilities like stunbreaks, cleanse and mobility.

You can also mix marauder, dragon and berserker stats.. marauder will give you more crit chance (marauder) or crit dmg (dragon) and HP/LF at the expense of slightly less power and crit dmg (marauder0 or crit chance (dragon). It's something you can tweak to find your sweet spot.

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217
  • Thanks 1

You can take Cele stats but then it's better to take SR trait line instead of Spite (to have Dhuumfire,  something like SR 113 or even SR 133 and take Terror this time).

If you want a beast of an hybrid cele reaper build for PvE, check Hizen's YT channel.
However come the next "balance" (lol) patch, it might be dead because of the Signet of Suffering rework.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

You can take Cele stats but then it's better to take SR trait line instead of Spite (to have Dhuumfire,  something like SR 113 or even SR 133 and take Terror this time).

If you want a beast of an hybrid cele reaper build for PvE, check Hizen's YT channel.
However come the next "balance" (lol) patch, it might be dead because of the Signet of Suffering rework.

I love how that patch will just destroy everything and *maybe* something good might rise from the ashes.

But specifically for chillmancer hybrid, i feel like resorting to power stats just makes your chill not be as good. Terror Chill is pretty fun, but it is ALSO a build that might suffer with the removal of boon corrupt on several skills.

• Thanks 1

wait, wait..........

i just arrived at chillmancer now, and u guys says that will be destroyed already on next patch?

A necro can't be happy?

anyway, Thanks for advice  for wvw, i apreciated all

( i had forget about it ....  returning from long time break).

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

wait, wait..........

i just arrived at chillmancer now, and u guys says that will be destroyed already on next patch?

A necro can't be happy?

The build that is (most likely) going to be destroyed after the next "balance" patch is the Cele hybrid build from Hyzen's YT channel because Signet of Suffering is going to be reworked and if I understand what they planned to do, you won't have the signets passives working during shroud (that's just an educated guess).

• Like 1